+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 135 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

Last night was ok for me. Not as many laughs as normal although I'm glad they're back to a half hour. I did like how Dwights character in Second Life also has a character so now it's Second Second Life.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2630710;
    I did really like Michael's commercial. I was surprised that it was as nice as it was (knowing Michael it could have been so off the wall).
    I thought their commercial was great. To me it fit in with the tone of the show, that no matter how much they may act like losers in the end the show, and we, root for them all, even if they are usually buffoons like Michael and Dwight. They show never actually throws them under the bus. Michael is always right about salesmanship, always saying the right thing about how to treat customers, and Dwight beat the website in the sales contest. The commercial music wasn't about triumph for nothing. The show wouldn't work if they didn't include those moments of triumph. Americans could not endure the bleak, sickening downer tone of the British version if there weren't some uplifting moments to balance it out.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2630710;
    I want to know what Jim was hiding in that game...

But overall I found the episode to be kind of boring (and although I thought the one hour episodes were too long) I was wishing there was more to this one.

I did really like Michael's commerical. I was surprised that it was as nice as it was (knowing Michael it could have been so off the wall). I also loved when Michael told Darryl that he was expecting the song they made to be a rap and that he didn't like their song so he picked up the keyboard and left.

I did love the JAM action tonight, especially at the bar when the waiter was trying to hit on Pam ("have you ever been on a motorcycle?") and then Jim put his arm around her. It was so cute!
    Yes, just the right touch of Jam! And of course his statement to the camera about being proud of Pam working on her animation even though it meant riding home with Meredith.
    I liked their commercial as well. While the pro one was ok, if a bit over the top about the big box stores, it didn't really convey the "personal touch" service component that Michael and Dwight always use to sell D-M that well. Michael's commercial conveyed that paper isn't just paper, all the same. I liked Darryl's song, too.
    I'm also waiting to see Pam in 2nd life...maybe she'll surprise us and be a little old lady or something, the better to spy on Jim. Happy for Dwight with Oh D stuff.
    And I agree, Harvest, about them actually being good at what they do being an important component. We've seen Kelly be really good at customer relations (remember when Angela tried to do it? ), and Oscar be good at accounting (trying to explain to Michael what the problem was in his finances); not sure what we've seen Creed be good at except crime though!
    Maybe one day Jim will do what his 2nd life character does and Pam will do her art and they will actually be able to survive financially....
    Last edited by PWS; 10-26-2007 at 05:30 PM.

Forgot to mention the great slogan at the end of Michael's commercial..."Limitless paper in a paperless world". Classic Michael lol.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CAdreamin;2632648;
    Forgot to mention the great slogan at the end of Michael's commercial..."Limitless paper in a paperless world". Classic Michael lol.
    And, I have to say, judging by our office, the "paperless world" generates more paper than the "old" world, so very apropos, loopy as it sounds!

I just watched the last episode - thought it was great! But, I am going crazy trying to remember what was advertised by the ditty Andy kept singing ... "Gimme a break, Gimme a Break, Gimme a piece of that ____" (Was it Kit Kat Bar???? I was hoping they would divulge, but was enjoying all of their uttered possibilities!)

(Ok, I have entirely too much time on my hands, but things like this drive me nuts!!!)

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by katkitty;2633972;
    I just watched the last episode - thought it was great! But, I am going crazy trying to remember what was advertised by the ditty Andy kept singing ... "Gimme a break, Gimme a Break, Gimme a piece of that ____" (Was it Kit Kat Bar???? I was hoping they would divulge, but was enjoying all of their uttered possibilities!)

(Ok, I have entirely too much time on my hands, but things like this drive me nuts!!!)
    It is kit kat bar.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Tonight's episode was just great! So many awesome lines, so many awesome looks, so many awesome little moments. I've been missing this and they finally delivered every ounce that wasn't depressing!
    Stanley staying, calling Michael a secret genius, Andy wanting to join the club and reacting when Jim did, Michael trying to give Toby away... It was all great.

Have any of you tried to sign up for dundermifflininfinity.com?

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2643388;
    Stanley staying, calling Michael a secret genius
    I loved that Stanley was bluffing the whole time and then gave credit to Michael! I just loved that whole storyline in the episode. And I also liked that, even though Michael went a little crazy over him leaving, in the end his feelings about Stanley leaving were genuine and touching. It was a great episode.

+ Reply to Thread