+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 135 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Office on NBC

I'm wondering if that wasn't the same cat Dwight tried to give to Angela...a barn cat he found wandering around he said. Wouldn't have put it past him to just dump it outside the office when Angela rejected it, so now Andy found it wandering around outside the office.
    Loved Jim comforting Dwight, loved the look on Pam's face after Jim kissed her, loved the kiss...just love the way these two smile with happiness over being loved by the other... ah, Jam! And still loving that we are getting small doses of Jam to lighten up some of the other grimness, and not so much we are sick of it, as mrs. tino said.
    at Michael and PowerPoint. As to his 2nd job... wonder if he will become a parttime movie critic instead! Loved that all his coworkers there liked him. If I hadn't seen the bankruptcy lines 14 times in previews I'm sure I would have loved them as well.
    Also loved Toby's accurate grammatical analysis of the use of whom in that situation...whooeee! Someone who knows what an indirect object is. Feel so sorry for him and his hopeless crush on Pam. Hope they find someone for him one of these days. The problem is, he's too "normal" and sane for the people on this show! Maybe Karen? Let us count the normal people.. Oscar? Jam? Toby? Anyone else?

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2620034;
    I'm wondering if that wasn't the same cat Dwight tried to give to Angela...a barn cat he found wandering around he said. Wouldn't have put it past him to just dump it outside the office when Angela rejected it, so now Andy found it wandering around outside the office.
    It was the cat that Dwight had brought Angela (Garbage). When Angela rejected it Dwight slipped it into some hallway office that I'd never seen before. Andy said he found it wandering around the Vance Refrigeration warehouse. I was waiting for Dwight to say something but he didn't.
    I did like the scene where Dwight was crying in the hallway - it was both sad and a bit funny (when he leaned over for Jim and Jim had already left).
    I've read a lot of complaints about Jam being boring this year now that they are together. I disagree with that and instead agree with my fellow Forters, PWS and Mrs Tino. I think they're sweet and the writers give us just enough Jammy goodness.
    I'd like to add that I loved Kelly this week and her interactions with Darryl.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2620028;
    Overall, I thought this episode was kind of sad. I think the end had some good moments, but the beginning and middle was a little boring and sad.
    I've just finished watching it on tape and could not agree more. I get that they want some wacky realism, but this was just depressing. Jam had some cute moments, and the Kelly bit was kind of fun, but overall, it was just sad. There needs to be more of a balance with funny, or this is going off my recording list.

The shows do seem to be taking a more serious turn in the episodes but I will continue to watch the show regardless. I love all the characters and their dysfunctional ways. It will never get old for me as long as the characters all stick around. I love the Jam and am happy that FINALLY the writers of a show put the lovebirds together.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;2620973;
    The shows do seem to be taking a more serious turn in the episodes but I will continue to watch the show regardless. I love all the characters and their dysfunctional ways. It will never get old for me as long as the characters all stick around. I love the Jam and am happy that FINALLY the writers of a show put the lovebirds together.
    And let's hope they continue to figure out how to dole out those bits of Jam and don't throw in some fake way to break them up. Other than a 5 months pregnant Karen showing up I can't see anything getting in their way realistically. They aren't so dumb they won't talk out misunderstandings.
    I think the show will be back to half an hour shortly... and then maybe back to fewer of these realistic, Michael is not with it, small businesses are doomed, storylines. Not sure how they can back off this latter issue though. Even if Ryan overreaches himself in the NYC office and gets fired the real issue is that online ordering through high volume stores is cheaper and easier. Unless you have a lot of unique specialized paper needs you don't really need the personal service of Dunder-Mifflin. And I would think that businesses with those kinds of needs are kind of a niche market that doesn't need far flung offices in places like Scranton. Not sure how they get that cat back in the bag now that it's out though....and back to silly stories.

I enjoyed the one-hour episodes, but I'm glad this coming Thursday means we're back to the half hour ones.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2621109;
    I enjoyed the one-hour episodes, but I'm glad this coming Thursday means we're back to the half hour ones.
    I agree, an hour just seems too much. It makes me uncomfortable. Esp. with all the sadness and heartbreak.

I love Kelly.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2621109;

I know! It means that Scrubs is coming back also!!

CCL

I liked Michael's commercial.
    I'm liking Andy being more in the forefront, with the whole wooing of Angela (Oh..D) and his trying to get the kit kat rhyme. Break me off a piece of that fancy feast, indeed.
    I kept waiting for Pam to log herself on to Second Life and make herself a busty avatar to go with Jim's Philly Jim.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

I want to know what Jim was hiding in that game...

But overall I found the episode to be kind of boring (and although I thought the one hour episodes were too long) I was wishing there was more to this one.

I did really like Michael's commerical. I was surprised that it was as nice as it was (knowing Michael it could have been so off the wall). I also loved when Michael told Darryl that he was expecting the song they made to be a rap and that he didn't like their song so he picked up the keyboard and left.

I did love the JAM action tonight, especially at the bar when the waiter was trying to hit on Pam ("have you ever been on a motorcycle?") and then Jim put his arm around her. It was so cute!

+ Reply to Thread