+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 135 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Office on NBC

You could be right, elk. Always better to leave us wanting more! I think there may only be another hour long episode...then it is back to splitting with Scrubs.
    I started to develop a soft spot for Andy and his crush on Angela, but then I remembered how he talked about her to Dwight...not exactly romantic.
    I like Kelly and the guy who runs the shipping operations better on the romantic side....he might be tough enough to actually deal with her.

Definitely prefer the 1/2 hour episodes. Forces the writing to be sharper. I do like the occasional super-sized 40-minute episodes though. No Toby or Creed this week, or did I just miss them?

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2610473;
    I think it was two of his friends from Cornell (or at least that's what I'm assuming). Didn't Andy say he was in an acapella group when he was in college there in an episode from last season?
    I remember his "what I did over the summer" video contained travelling [east coast?] and SINGING with the group so he must've called up his singing buddies to woo Angela. That was REALLY cute ...

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2611451;
    I think there may only be another hour long episode...then it is back to splitting with Scrubs.
    I was wondering about that - I don't even recall hearing the previews mention 'special one-hour episode' anymore, and every one so far this season has been the full hour, I was beginning to wonder if the show had switched to an hour this season. I'm with those who prefer the half-hour versions, with the occasional one-hour special, but not every week.

My main complaint this season might have something to do with all the one hour episodes, but it's that the show is starting to no longer feel like a mockumentary to me, but more like a mock reality show, the way the cameras are following them so much away from the office.

It always made sense for the documentary camera crew to be in the office filming, or filming them outside of the office for work related functions, but using last night's episode for example - it just didn't make any sense to me that the camera crew would spend the night at the Schrute B&B? or film Michael on a second job? When the camera starts following the workers home or leaving the office, it kinda takes away from the name of the show: The Office.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz;2619609;
    It always made sense for the documentary camera crew to be in the office filming, or filming them outside of the office for work related functions, but using last night's episode for example - it just didn't make any sense to me that the camera crew would spend the night at the Schrute B&B? or film Michael on a second job? When the camera starts following the workers home or leaving the office, it kinda takes away from the name of the show: The Office.
    I agree with you. I could kind of see them following Pam and Jim to the B & B but what were they still doing there when it was time for them to go to sleep? Weird. I think once they go back to the half-hour episodes, which they do next week, it will go back to being more office-centred.

I so dislike Jan now. I know that Michael's financial problems are not all her fault - Oscar was point out unncessary expenses that were clearly Michael's purchases - but she's been spending money redecorating for no particular purpose (and Michael said that she had his credit cards). When she was on the phone with him and Oscar, calling Michael irresponsible and putting all the blame on him...well, shouldn't she be getting a job already? What is she contributing to the household? Argh. I much preferred Jan when she was the boss having to deal with Michael. First they turned her into a crazy woman and now they've turned her into a shrew.

I did enjoy Michael "declaring" bankruptcy and Oscar telling him that he can't just say it and be done & Michael's responding that he didn't just say it, he declared it!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I agree about Jan. She's just not likeable whatsoever. She's to blame too for the lack of financial stability and she certainly isn't contributing.

I really loved the Schrute beets farm. Poor Dwight and his crying. Aww, he's got a big ol' heart that's hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;2618164;
    No Toby or Creed this week, or did I just miss them?
    They were both in this episode a little.

Creed told Michael that declaring bankcrupty was like being in the witness protection program.

Toby explained when to use 'whom' and 'who' properly in a sentence, when they were in a office meeting, to which said Michael something along the lines of 'no one care what you have to say'.

That was really about it.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 10-19-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2619765;
    I so dislike Jan now. I know that Michael's financial problems are not all her fault - Oscar was point out unncessary expenses that were clearly Michael's purchases - but she's been spending money redecorating for no particular purpose (and Michael said that she had his credit cards). When she was on the phone with him and Oscar, calling Michael irresponsible and putting all the blame on him...well, shouldn't she be getting a job already? What is she contributing to the household? Argh. I much preferred Jan when she was the boss having to deal with Michael. First they turned her into a crazy woman and now they've turned her into a shrew.

I was expecting Jan to say that she had a lot of money in the bank from her job so she'd help Michael out. Than Michael would wonder why he was paying for everything.

I'm not the biggest fan of hers...but I think her b*tchiness suits his flighty oddness.

Well remember that Michael was all geared up to break up with her and keep it that way because she made him do things he didn't want to do (remember the conference with the Office gals while Jan waited to talk to him) until she unveiled the b**b job (can I say that here?)) ... She was already like that (controlling, strong) but - ahem - something changed his heart ...

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Overall, I thought this episode was kind of sad. I think the end had some good moments, but the beginning and middle was a little boring and sad.

I liked Jim trying to comfort Dwight and then coming back into the office and kissing Pam. That was really cute. Also, even though I agree with the assessment of Jan, I liked her at the end of the episode when Michael was on the train.

I'm excited to future developments in the Dwight/Angela/Andy love triangle. I thought it was cute that Andy brought her a cat. And I love the Jam moments, I like that the writers aren't focusing the show on them. I like that they leave me wanting more Jam moments instead of thinking there are too many.

+ Reply to Thread