+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 135 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

Okay, that was definitely Andy's episode! Take a chance on him... poor Dwight though.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

I thought Andy trying to win over Angela was really sweet! I loved Michael introducing himself at the party and how he took a jab at Ryan. I also enjoyed seeing that not many people seem to like Ryan... I think it will make for good story lines in the future. Overall I thought it was a good episode (although the pizza delivery guy thing got really boring fast). Loved the JAM interaction!

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2609907;
    I also enjoyed seeing that not many people seem to like Ryan... I think it will make for good story lines in the future. Overall I thought it was a good episode (although the pizza delivery guy thing got really boring fast).
    I forgot to mention that. Ryan's like a corporate version of Michael. No one "likes" him but he thinks he's the top dog. I loved when that guy congratulated Michael for bashing Ryan and then they started mocking Ryan!

And I agree about the pizza guy. Not funny after the first little bit.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2609879;
    Okay, that was definitely Andy's episode! Take a chance on him... poor Dwight though.
    And did Andy get Dwight to sing backup? As well as Michael? How did he manage that? Did Dwight think there was no chance Angela would go for him (loved the little smile Dwight did when Angela dumped on Andy's first effort)? Angela seemed to like the whole being courted in front of the office thing.

Loved the JAM. They always give us just the right amount. It doesn't overwhelm the show, but it keeps us happy.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2610379;
    And did Andy get Dwight to sing backup? As well as Michael? How did he manage that? .
    Was it Michael and Dwight? I just assumed it was two friends of Andy's. Hmmm.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2610450;
    Was it Michael and Dwight? I just assumed it was two friends of Andy's. Hmmm.
    I think it was two of his friends from Cornell (or at least that's what I'm assuming). Didn't Andy say he was in an acapella group when he was in college there in an episode from last season?

I laughed steadily through the first 1/2 hour, but the second half fell flat for me. I did love Andy's ABBA (and Angela's little smirk as she walked away from him). And I agree, the JAM helping was just right.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2610473;
    I think it was two of his friends from Cornell (or at least that's what I'm assuming). Didn't Andy say he was in an acapella group when he was in college there in an episode from last season?
    Yeah, it was just two of his friends. Whomever they are. Most likely from his acapella group.

There were definite parts in the second half that were flat and most involved the pizza guy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2610710;
    Yeah, it was just two of his friends. Whomever they are. Most likely from his acapella group.

There were definite parts in the second half that were flat and most involved the pizza guy.
    Ah, that makes more sense...I just saw Michael and Dwight kind of skulking across the background just after the singing ended so somehow tied that together.
    I think when it fell flat was when reality intruded and Michael suddenly started reacting/panicking like a normal person....but maybe even before that when Dwight was barking at him. I don't know... clearly it was all tied up in his feelings about Ryan the temp being his boss, and how his world and the world of paper selling are changing.. but even for Michael kidnapping a pizza boy would be over the top... too much real emotion to feel funny. The Office is great because it combines bits of real emotion with the bizarre office scene...maybe this time it was too much reality and the balance was off. Even when Michael snapped at Angela that her party wouldn't be good enough, her hurt seemed "real" and his remark too hurtful even though it was directed at awful Angela. An earlier taste of that...the image of the cat waking up in the freezer and clawing to get out. Not really funny for more than a second... bad aftertaste.
    Not that I'm not still a fan, but this shift has moved things to another plane...things are going to get desparate if they aren't all going to be replaced by the computer.

elk

Don't hate me guys, but I'm thinking 1 hour is too long for this show. It is my favourite sitcom, but I find myself losing interest after the first half.

On another note, I couldn't stand Andy last season, but after the last episode I find I'm developing a soft spot for him.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

+ Reply to Thread