+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 135 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

There is already a thread on this show, Didia. I'm going to merge them, okay?

I was very anti- the new version after being a big fan of the original, and hating the pilot. I hear the series has started to come into its own, so I gave it another chance last Thursday. I still love the original much more, but the $5 hooker joke (this was an ep on sexual harassment) was priceless. I've already told that joke in company twice this week.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I will agree that the original British version is funnier....in a much more uncomfortable way than the US version is. However, Steve Carrell is hilarious! I didn't think this would translate all that well to US audiences, but, IMO, they have hit the target pretty close to the center. I find myself laughing outloud at most of the jokes, and Steve Carrell is really playing Michael Scott incredibly well.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I never saw the British version so the show isn't haunted by ghosts of the past for me. I love this show, the humor is so off-color and politically incorrect, which is refreshing in today's strict pc world. In the British version, do the receptionist and the office worker (Pam and Jim in US version) ever hook up?

Quote Originally Posted by chesara
    In the British version, do the receptionist and the office worker (Pam and Jim in US version) ever hook up?
    I think(it's been awhile since I have seen the British version) that they are named Pam and Jim in the British version too. But no, they don't hook up. That is the beauty of their relationship...they both want each other, they both flirt with each other, but Pam has(in both versions) her fiance who works at the company on the loading dock.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Premium Member
    You'd have to watch The Office - Christmas Special* to see if Tim/Dawn (US=Jim/Pam) ever hook up - well worth watching!!!

The Tim/Dawn relationship seemed more subtle in the BBC version, which made the flirting more innocent or tolerable, in my opinion - at the rate Jim/Pam are going, it's going to be a full-on affair in no time.

*The special takes place a year later, as a follow up to what's been going on in the office since the documentary was filmed.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    I was surprised at the things they got away with saying on the 2nd episode this season! Pam stayed after her boyfriend left the awards ceremony, and she kissed Jim after getting the whitest sneakers award... this is way better than any soap opera or any sitcom.

I hope BBC America will show the Christmas Special.

I love both versions!

I love this show... i wish it was an hour rather than just 30 minutes

OFFICE OLYMPICS
    9:30pm 2005-10-04 ALL NEW!
    WHEN THE BOSS IS AWAY . . . Michael (Steve Carell, "The 40-Year Old Virgin") has a panic attack when he tries to close the deal on his new condo. Meanwhile, while he and Dwight (Rainn Wilson) are away from the office, Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam (Jenna Fischer) organize an "office Olympics" where employees compete in ridiculous games. B. J. Novak also stars. TV-14

Source: NBC.com> The Office

Thanks for the info Didia! Looking forward to tonight's episode...

I about fell off the couch last night when the "doves" were "released".
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread