+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 135 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

I think Bill is right---in the other "The Office" thread---this show has legs. I think I only saw the second season of the BBC "The Office", so I am not sure if the epi's I have seen of the Americanized version are mirroring exactly what was in the original, but I am really laughing out loud...and wincing at the Boss' ineptitude at dealing with employees. Dwight is hilarious, and so is Jim.

I really last night when Dwight started talking about an alliance with Jim! It was priceless....and then when he got in the box....

I think, so far, that we have a succesful "americanization" of a British show. That is, of course, my opinion.
    Last edited by mrdobolina; 04-13-2005 at 01:55 PM.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Regular
    This is going to be a long shot, but does anyone know where the theme song is from? Or who composed it or anything?

I keep missing this show! I'm glad I set up a TiVo Season Pass so I won't forget again. (I believe NBC will repeat it again on Thursday, for anyone else who missed it).

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Well the Season Finale 6th episode has been aired. I really hope that NBC keeps this on for the next season (and many seasons thereafter)! I haven't appreciated and laughed at a show this much in a loooong time. I love the entire cast, they are just brilliant. There are so many subtleties that re-watching episodes brings to light, that I'm laughing even harder the next time I see it. Too much! Can't wait for the next season!

I really hope they renew it!

This show is so much fun! I watched every episode of the first mini-season and I just loved it! I really hope that they renew it. It was one show I went out of my way to tape and watch every time it was one.

I had never seen the BBC original, so I just got all the DVDs and have watched all the episodes and specials. Wow. I laughed my a** off!

While I can see why people think the original is a hard act to follow, but I really hope the NBC version is renewed and catches on. If nothing else, it will inspire more Americans to rent or buy the original DVDs and benefit the great team that brought us the British version.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Good news - looks like the The Office will be back for a second season on NBC!

I hope NBC re-airs the first season during the summer to get more people watching (addicted).

I have been watching the British episodes and they are great too. Both are definitely worth watching.
    Last edited by cottoncandy; 05-16-2005 at 03:44 PM.

The Office

Any fans? This is the funniest show I have ever seen and cannot wait for it to start tonight! I hope it has more than 6 episodes this season; last season was waaaay too short.

YES! I can't wait for it to start tonight either! I know most people prefer the British version, but I find the American version to be funnier. My TiVo's ready to go.

The Office NBC

The Office

Based on the British series of the same name, this import promises to be "faster paced" than the original. However, all the characters remain the same, from the worst boss ever to the smitten everyman who lusts after the engaged receptionist and constantly provokes his high-strung co-worker.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't believe that No one watches.... I have not seen the UK version... so I don't feel like it is that bad. Season 1 was pretty funny... But on Season 2, it looks like they were trying too hard. I also ADORE the little thing the Jim and Pam have going.

+ Reply to Thread