+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 135 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

What a great show last night. Too many funny things to type out. I was so proud of Pam FINALLY saying how she felt. And seeing Jim's face was priceless. Andy floating in the water was hilarious.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Fogey

I fell victim to DVR cutoff last night. Did anything happen after Pam gave her speech and said she was going into the water because her feet hurt?

CCL

You didn't miss anything, Veruka. The only other thing they showed was the tag at the end which was everyone on the bus singing the Flintstones theme song. It was obviously from before as it was daylight outside while they were singing.

A very funny episode last night. The sumo-wrestling was hysterical. Poor Andy floating away afterwards.
    I thought it was low form for Jim & Karen to call about the job that Michael was asked to interview for. I know "all's fair in business" but it just seemed disloyal, especially considering Michael is so loyal to his staff. Co-viewer thought it was strange, too, because Michael, Jim and Karen are all at different levels of the company now so it's weird they are interviewing for the same job.
    Pam started off her usually mousy way, agreeing to write notes while everyone was doing stuff on beach day. But then she totally took charge, did the coal walk and gave her little speech. I was so proud. I had to re-wind it and watch it again!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2383656;
    You didn't miss anything, Veruka. The only other thing they showed was the tag at the end which was everyone on the bus singing the Flintstones theme song. It was obviously from before as it was daylight outside while they were singing.

I thought it was low form for Jim & Karen to call about the job that Michael was asked to interview for. I know "all's fair in business" but it just seemed disloyal, especially considering Michael is so loyal to his staff.
    I liked the very end where everyone (especially Ryan) seemed to be genuinely laughing about Michael doing the "WILMA!" yell.

Maybe it was, but it created the line I loved from Jim "If this job is in a well, then I don't want it" & hopefully, it'll get Karen to move to corporate (I'm a JAM fan!).

Quote Originally Posted by FORTFanGirl;2384010;
    I liked the very end where everyone (especially Ryan) seemed to be genuinely laughing about Michael doing the "WILMA!" yell.
    B. J. Novak (Ryan) was a producer on that episode, if I remember the opening credits correctly. That must have made him very happy.

I also noticed there is an actor named Creed. The Creed character is so creepy - his Gollum move with the fish, yikes!

FORT Fogey

Thanks CCL!

I agree with FORTFanGirl - I think that Jim and Karen both had to put their names in for the corporate job, regardless of how slimey it may be, in order to set up next season. I think that Karen will end up getting the job, and she and Jim will keep things going long distance. Then, Pam, fresh off her "I want to be seen as more than a receptionist" declaration will take over Karen's job, which will bring a new element to the Jim/Pam tension.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2384278;
    Thanks CCL!

I agree with FORTFanGirl - I think that Jim and Karen both had to put their names in for the corporate job, regardless of how slimey it may be, in order to set up next season.
    I think you & FortFanGirl are right, Veruka. Co-viewer thought it was a bit out of character for Jim as he has never really seemed that ambitious. I think maybe that changed when he transferred to Stamford? See this quote from Jim (I think it is from the first season):
    "Because right now, this is a job. If I advance any higher, this would be my career. And if this were my career, I'd have to throw myself in front of a train."

I think that Karen will end up getting the job, and she and Jim will keep things going long distance. Then, Pam, fresh off her "I want to be seen as more than a receptionist" declaration will take over Karen's job, which will bring a new element to the Jim/Pam tension.
    Ooh, I never thought of Pam getting a new position in the office. That would be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    I also noticed there is an actor named Creed. The Creed character is so creepy - his Gollum move with the fish, yikes!
    That was creepy!
    The actor who plays Creed is named Creed. Seems to be a bit of a trend for the secondary characters (the actresses who play Phyllis & Angela are named Phyllis & Angela, for example).
    Last edited by CCL; 05-11-2007 at 03:21 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2384418;
    Co-viewer thought it was a bit out of character for Jim as he has never really seemed that ambitious. I think maybe that changed when he transferred to Stamford? See this quote from Jim (I think it is from the first season):
    "Because right now, this is a job. If I advance any higher, this would be my career. And if this were my career, I'd have to throw myself in front of a train."

I think that's Karen's influence on him. She seems to be more driven than he is. I think that being around him, and perhaps her pushing him to be more ambitious, has effected him.

I just have a bad feeling that this season won't end with the JAM moments that we're all hoping for!

The actor who plays Creed is named Creed. Seems to be a bit of a trend for the secondary characters (the actresses who play Phyllis & Angela are named Phyllis & Angela, for example)
    Oscar's real name is also Oscar.
    Last edited by RealityDiva; 05-11-2007 at 09:32 PM.
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2384446;
    I think that's Karen's influence on him. She seems to be more driven than he is. I think that being around him, and perhaps her pushing him to be more ambitious, has effected him.
    I agree. I seem to remember that when she said "Me as well" Jim said something about him applying in a confused manner.

+ Reply to Thread