+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 135 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;2243212;
    One of the best episodes yet. The Vampire storyline was genius.
    I think getting Joss Whedon to direct the episode was even more genius! There's a video on youtube (I think the link was somewhere on the news page of imdb.com) of Joss talking about the episode and it's hilarious.

I teared up a bit in that scene with Pam and Michael too. I love that every time he's just a complete ass, he then does something completely sweet and kind. The thing is, in both cases he's usually totally clueless about his behavior. Whenever he tried to be nice, he ends up being an idiot.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    This was one of my favorite episodes of the Office! I loved the whole Michael/Pam scene. I was genuinely touched by it. I thought it was wonderful. And I loved the whole Jim/vampire storyline! That was brilliant.

And I loved the Michael and Ryan thing. I thought it was hilarious when Michael said in front of Ryan's business class that he had never made a sale, started a fire and was a tease! That cracked me up so much. And then to make him go sit by Kelly... priceless!

I thought that this was one of the best episodes for Michael recently.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;2243212;
    And why in the world did Jim not go to the Art show? .

That's what I was wondering as well. I can only presume it was because of Karen (apparently in a deleted scene she is shown attempting to take down the notice that had been posted about the show but is stopped by the arrival of Oscar). But you would think Jim would have known Pam would have been hurt by his not going and that he could have explained to Karen that it was totally innocent.

The scene with Pam & Michael at the end brought tears to my eyes (glad to see I wasn't the only one. ). It was so sweet, his lauding of her paintings and saying that he was proud of her. And you could tell she really needed to hear that after having, basically, noone show up to see her work (and the ones who did show up - Roy, basically wanting to be patted on the back for coming & bringing his brother when noone from the office was there. Or Oscar's partner, all elitist & mean in his critique).

I think that where Michael is redeemable and likeable as a character is by the fact that he clearly cares for and supports his people. His scene with Pam, for example, as well as his interactions with Ryan last night. He kept Ryan on, as he said in the classroom, even though Ryan has never had a sale (and he's been doing sales strictly for some months now). What other company would do that? And even after the classroom debacle he didn't give up on Ryan even though Ryan had clearly cut him to the quick. No, he didn't fire him but moved him to the back, giving him a chance to maybe redeem himself. (Personally I don't think Michael was thinking that it would be a punishment for Ryan to be by Kelly. I think he was just trying to put him in an out of the way space). Stuff like that is what makes me like & sympathize with Michael.

Pam back with Roy? Blech. She didn't seem too enamoured with him at the show though so...maybe short-lived.

The bat scenes were fun and amusing. A nice shout-out to Joss Whedon's previous series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (Wonder what Lost references there will be in the JJ Abrams episode next week). And the bat scenes gave some exposure to the background staff, which was nice. Poor Meredith with the bat and the bag over her head!
    Last edited by CCL; 02-16-2007 at 10:08 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I am thinking that Pam is about to change and take what she heard Oscar tell his partner about her to heart.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2243597;
    That's what I was wondering as well. I can only presume it was because of Karen (apparently in a deleted scene she is shown attempting to take down the notice that had been posted about the show but is stopped by the arrival of Oscar). But you would think Jim would have known Pam would have been hurt by his not going and that he could have explained to Karen that it was totally innocent.
    I saw that deleted scene as well and assume Jim didn't know. But maybe they will explain that next week. I like Michael. Yes he does and says stupid things, but he is very loyal to his co-workers and the company and that is sweet quality. I don't forsee Pam and Roy being together that long. When Roy was leaving the Art show, Pam seemed annoyed. I didn't realize that Joss Wheldon had a hand in this last show. Really well crafted. This show gets better and better for me. I haven't been this obsessed with a show since Paradise Hotel. And i don't admit that in public often.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    That whole scene with Dwight and Meredith and the bag and the bat--so funny--and I kept thinking MIchael and Ryan will walk in and think it is some weirdo attacking her, esp. as Dwight had that helmut on...like the hockey mask in that horror movie series... and he's yelling, "Hold still, woman!"
    ETA and another fan of that Michael and Pam moment, even if it was mainly because it was his building/car/on paper, etc. Meant more to Pam probably because she knows he is terrible at faking praise.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-17-2007 at 07:41 PM.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2245465;
    That whole scene with Dwight and Meredith and the bag and the bat--so funny--and I kept thinking MIchael and Ryan will walk in and think it is some weirdo attacking her, esp. as Dwight had that helmut on...like the hockey mask in that horror movie series... and he's yelling, "Hold still, woman!"
    ETA and another fan of that Michael and Pam moment, even if it was mainly because it was his building/car/on paper, etc. Meant more to Pam probably because she knows he is terrible at faking praise.
    I loved when he said "That's our building. And we make paper." I don't know why, but that line has really stayed in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick
    I saw that deleted scene as well and assume Jim didn't know.
    Someone said that the sign was still up later, though, so presumably he could have seen it. And I think Pam would have mentioned it to him, too. I don't know, I just wish they had made mention of it, even if it was just a passing comment.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Maybe Jim was hurt that she was back with Roy and didn't show up because of that. I don't know the thinking behind it, but oh well. Michael was a good fill in. I can't get that scene out of my head. Superb.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;2243612;
    I am thinking that Pam is about to change and take what she heard Oscar tell his partner about her to heart.
    I agree .. he said that she wasn't courageous and honest. That was so painful to hear, but may be exactly what she needs to shake her up and make her stand up for what she wants.

And did anyone else think it was weird that Jim didn't include Karen in his vampire games? She didn't seem to have any clue what was going on with him. I think Jim is over her but for some reason won't say anything because he is hurt by Pam/Roy.
    Last edited by momof2dogs; 02-18-2007 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Added comment
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

Quote Originally Posted by momof2dogs;2246389;
    And did anyone else think it was weird that Jim didn't include Karen in his vampire games? She didn't seem to have any clue what was going on with him. I think Jim is over her but for some reason won't say anything because he is hurt by Pam/Roy.
    It sounded to me like she was in on it. Her tone and the way she said things sounded staged.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread