+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

FORT Regular
    Re: the Jim/Pam thing:

At the beginning of this season I wanted him with Karen, because I was kind of annoyed that Pam didn't admit her feelings for him when she had the chance. But as the weeks go by, I'm enjoying the back and forth that's going on. The look on Jim's face when Pam told Ryan to go ahead and hook her up with his friend was great! Can't wait to see what happens next week.

BTW: I saw Jim in real life this past summer in NYC. He's much better-looking in person. He was very gracious. I told him I loved the show and he thanked me.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2225133;
    Indeed.

I actually thought last night's episode was rather boring/not that funny. There's always next week, I guess.
    I agree. The show had moments of brilliance/hillarious lines, but overall, it wasn't the best episode and seemed to go by more slowly than others.

BTW: I saw Jim in real life this past summer in NYC. He's much better-looking in person. He was very gracious. I told him I loved the show and he thanked me.
    YOU SAW JOHN KRASINSKI IN PERSON?! *faints*

I just saw DreamGirls and was surprised to see a cameo by "Jim" (John Krasinski) in that film.

I agree with the annoyance that Pam didn't tell Jim her feelings when she had the opportunity or even after she called off the wedding. Jim moved on because he had to and Karen was THERE. Now PAM is ticked and trying to make Jim jealous? Why doesn't she just talk to him ... gads!
    Last edited by NiceShoes; 02-05-2007 at 12:30 PM.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceShoes;2230013;
    I just saw DreamGirls and was surprised to see a cameo by "Jim" (John Krasinski) in that film.

I agree with the annoyance that Pam didn't tell Jim her feelings when she had the opportunity or even after she called off the wedding. Jim moved on because he had to and Karen was THERE. Now PAM is ticked and trying to make Jim jealous? Why doesn't she just talk to him ... gads!
    Yes, but after she had called off her wedding...well, it was rather soon. I mean, she had just extricated herself from a ten year relationship. Even if she was the one who did the dumping, I'm sure she wasn't really in a place to jump into another relationship so quickly, even with the fabulous Jim. She had to sort herself out first. As for why she doesn't say anything now...well, she respects Karen and doesn't want to hurt her feelings by interfering with her relationship with Jim. And Jim has told her point-blank that he has moved on. Pam is a very nice person and rather timid to boot; she would never do what Jim did (ie she would never go up to Jim out of the blue, kiss him and tell him she has always loved him). Not to mention the writers are still going to milk the romantic tension for a while by not having the two really "talk."

John Krasinski was also in a scene in The Holiday (he worked for Cameron Diaz's character).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Regular
    I haven't read all the posts <<ducking>>, but my only complaint about the show is the occasional "Curb Your Enthusiasm"-level discomfort. Sometimes what Michael or Dwight do or say is so cringe-worthy I just want to sink into the couch. I suppose for the writers, there's a fine line between being true to the character and making the character unwatchable.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnThis;2230864;
    I haven't read all the posts <<ducking>>, but my only complaint about the show is the occasional "Curb Your Enthusiasm"-level discomfort. Sometimes what Michael or Dwight do or say is so cringe-worthy I just want to sink into the couch. I suppose for the writers, there's a fine line between being true to the character and making the character unwatchable.
    Lucky for you, no one else has said that!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2216861;
    All The Office guys were together (while the girls were off on their Bachelorette party) and there was a stripper who was done up like Pam, complete with stripey shirt.
    Quoting myself. I was reading Jenna Fischer's blog and she said that the stripper wore one of Pam's old shirts (one Pam wore in season 1). I knew that it looked like a Pam shirt.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2230080;
    Not to mention the writers are still going to milk the romantic tension for a while by not having the two really "talk."
    I know CCL you are right (about the reasons for neither of them saying something)! Pam must've had expectations that Jim wouldn't move on and after a while they could've picked up as friends and gone somewhere, but alas Karen was already in place at the next office. And Karen is VERY likable.

But most of all, your last sentence quoted really sums it up - I know. *sigh* it's. a. show.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    I just watched last weeks episode again and it really cracked me up. I love when Michael tells Ben Franklin that he is a sleazebag!

+ Reply to Thread