+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 135 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Wryle;2209500;
    I liked Jim's "I liked you better as a temp." and Ryan's "Yeah, me too."
    Oh, I missed that part. Nice.

(Cute avatar, by the way).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

You all have to watch the director's cut of this week's episode on nbc.com. It's awesome. It's too bad they have to cut out so much funny stuff.

I loved how Andy was being Michael to Michael, of course Michael is to oblivious to notice the connection. I was happy that Michael wasn't a big baffon when he went to talk to Dwight. It's nice to see his character act human once in a while. It was a great episode, especially when Jim admitted that he still had feeling for Pam. I feel really bad for Karen, maybe she can steal Ryan away from Kelly!

A technical question: Isn't the reason for the cameras because thier is supposedly a documentary being filmed of Dunder-Mifflin? So why did the camera still follow Dwight? I know we, as the audience had to see Dwight, but he talked to the camera.

That aside, I loved the whole bit about the cellphone being put in the ceiling. And Michael remarking how Andy is not self-aware of his actions while all the while Michael is the same way
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2210537;
    A technical question: Isn't the reason for the cameras because thier is supposedly a documentary being filmed of Dunder-Mifflin? So why did the camera still follow Dwight? I know we, as the audience had to see Dwight, but he talked to the camera.

That aside, I loved the whole bit about the cellphone being put in the ceiling. And Michael remarking how Andy is not self-aware of his actions while all the while Michael is the same way
    Andy is even less self aware than Michael---Michael can be aware in his salesman role (which is actually kind of weird...then why not in his "real" life?), and Andy couldn't.
    I was impressed with Dwight's sales technique... way to make a point!
    Maybe the camera followed Dwight (and interviewed his new coworker?) because the documentary is about the workers' lives at this particular branch of this particular company...and follows them even when they leave? As in, followed Jim to the other branch, which had never been seen before. Of course it doesn't follow them home... so must only be about their "work" lives.
    I actually felt Jam were being a bit mean to Andy by the end...clearly the guy's not all there...there's a point when you are teasing the disabled, even if they are incredibly annoying. But Jam didn't seem the least bit upset about pushing him to his breaking point. And I'm a HUGE Jam fan.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2211256;
    I actually felt Jam were being a bit mean to Andy by the end...clearly the guy's not all there...there's a point when you are teasing the disabled, even if they are incredibly annoying. But Jam didn't seem the least bit upset about pushing him to his breaking point. And I'm a HUGE Jam fan.
    I have to agree with you, PWS. And I kept wondering exactly how Andy was going to get his phone back seeing as how Jim threw it quite hard (I mean are all the ceiling tiles liftable, or would he have to open the one that was, get in and crawl until he got to the phone?).

From NBC: http://www.nbcumv.com/release_detail.nbc/entertainment-20070117000000-nbcrenewshitserie.html

BURBANK, Calif. January 17, 2007 NBC has ordered early full-season pickups for the 2007-08 season for four hit series -- the comedies "The Office" and "My Name Is Earl," and dramas "Heroes" and "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, " it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President, NBC Entertainment.

"These four series represent some of the best of what we consider to be the 'NBC brand' of quality shows," said Reilly. "It is a pleasure to give them an early renewal to develop more stories for next year since we know they will remain both critical and commercial successes for a long time to come."

"The Office" is delivering a 4.2 rating, 11 share in 18-49 and 8.7 million viewers through the first 16 weeks of the 2006-07 season and has matched or built on its 18-49 lead-in from "The Office" with every original telecast this season. "The Office" has improved the Thursday 8:30-9 half-hour for NBC this season by 20 percent versus year-ago averages in 18-49. "The Office" is network television's most upscale comedy, delivering primetime's #1 concentration of adults 18-49 living in homes with $100,000-plus incomes.
    I thought the last bit (which I've bolded) was interesting. Go on, everyone, tell me your household income. (Just kidding, of course. )

CCL
    Hmmm...I've posted twice and it seems to have gone into the ether both times. Not sure why and I don't see any warnings so I don't think I violated any rules. Maybe I'm just messing up somehow. Let's see if third time's the charm?

Anyhow, I was just saying that I agreed with PWS's post that:
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    And I was wondering how Andy was going to get his cell back. Are all the ceiling tiles liftable? Because otherwise he would have to get in and crawl around, which would be a major pain.

And I posted a little article about NBC renewing The Office for a full season next year (no surprise, but still great). Apparently it is the # 1 comedy among 18-49 year-olds with a household income of $ 100, 000.00 +. Which is interesting, if not entirely relevant to those of us who are not in advertising (do you suppose we'll start seeing ads for Mercedes and such upscale items on the ad breaks soon?).

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Guess it was just sluggish, CCL. Now you've got a double post. Glad to see I was not alone in being a little disappointed in Jam. And great news about the pick up.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2213999;
    Guess it was just sluggish, CCL. Now you've got a double post. Glad to see I was not alone in being a little disappointed in Jam. And great news about the pick up.
    No, not sluggish - it literally flipped to another screen. Rather weird. And I do have a double post but, hey, it could have been 3!

Some spoilers:

Click to see Spoiler:

Michael hires two things for Phyllis' bachelorette party - a stripper and a Ben Franklin impersonator. Um...ok. Karen is going to confront Pam about Jim (I hope that Pam doesn't just say that she and Jim are just friends because I can see her doing that, and then Karen going back to Jim and saying Pam is not interested in him like that...the ennui of it all. Hopefully Pam will say that it's up to Karen to deal with Jim, not with her).
    At Phyllis' weding there is a scene with Roy, Angela, Pam & Dwight dancing together...(not sure what that means. Slow dancing? No Pam/Roy action, please!). Pam thinks about what her wedding would have been like (uh oh). Michael gets kicked out of the wedding for doing something obnoxious (how surprising). And Scrantonicity perform (Kevin's band (Kevin from Accounting)).
    Ryan invites Michael to his business school where Ryan discusses how Dunder Mifflin is a failing business. Needless to say, Michael is not at all pleased.
    Karen is going to be on throughout the season. Which is ok. And future episodes will bring good stuff for Jammers... oooh...yay.

Thanks for those spoilers CCL, I can't wait to see it all unfold.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread