+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 135 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2200920;
    ^ I'll be eager to see what JJ Abrams does with The Office, GreenMustard. I wonder if it'll have any Lost references - I loved when Dwight went down to the warehouse and told the camera that it was like when the survivors on Lost met the Others.
    Don't forget when Dwight was 'training' Ryan, and he asked him what the DHARMA Initiative was!

And I'm finding a lot of parallels between The Office and Lost as time goes by. Lost had 2 groups of people (Fuselage people and the Tailies) who were reunited as one, but the people in the newer group kept leaving the show. The Office had 2 groups of people (the Scranton branch and the Stamford branch) who were reunited as one, but the people in the newer group keep leaving the show!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ;2201378;
    The Office had 2 groups of people (the Scranton branch and the Stamford branch) who were reunited as one, but the people in the newer group keep leaving the show!
    I love how they had Andy acknowledge that last night by referencing Willy Wonka and how he wasn't going to fall in the chocolate river. And then they book-ended the reference quite nicely by having him sing an oompa loompa song about Dwight leaving. Poor Dwight, by the way. Andy was being so Iago-like last night. But I don't think Dwight will be away from Dunder Mifflin very long.

I thought last night's episode was really funny. I liked seeing Phyllis go out on a sale - I don't recall ever seeing her actually "work" before on the show. And I'm glad she told Karen about Jim's history with Pam - I kept wondering when that was going to be revealed. All the sales calls were pretty good, in fact. I thought it was funny that Michael compared the sales calls to The Amazing Race, complete with stereotypical teams (of course he would be on the heroic firefighter team!). And Dwight & Jim's sales call was great, from Jim slapping Dwight to Dwight's clinching the sale by showing he'd been on hold the entire time with one of the bigger paper companies. Nice one. I didn't know that Kelly was in customer service. I don't think I'd want to be calling customer service at Dunder Mifflin, then - Kelly would probably talk my ear off!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I liked last night's episode a lot, too. I felt bad for Dwight but there's no way he'll be gone for long, so I didn't feel too bad. The Oompa Loompa song made me laugh, especially when he got to the end and gave up the rhyming
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

He's just an evil, evil man. I'm looking for Dwight to come back because he will save the day! As much of a dweeb he might be, his heart is in the right place and he will still be wanting to protect his beloved boss!

I also enjoyed this week's episode. The sales calls were fun to watch, especially Dwight & Jim, working with their individual strengths to get that sale. And, as usual, Jim got the most laughs from me, e.g., stopping short in the car, slapping Dwight, and hanging up on Kelly...... So many other great moments...hee. This show just gets better and better, to me, each time I watch

But, for the first time, I felt bad for Dwight, as he ended up quitting. And, how awesome was he, covering Angela's butt, and never giving her up, when Michael called him out for that trip to NY! I still think that Dwight has a "creep" factor, but, at least, to me at this point, he has shown some redeeming qualities. Now, I see that the real creep in the office may well be Andy. And, I saw how Angela fixed her "evil eye" on him, at the end. 'Ole boy had better watch his back I'm not scared of many folks, but even I would avoid tangling with her...

Cat

Wasn't it just so telling too when Angela gave him the evil eye and all Andy said was "hey I'm over here" to the camera guy. Absolutely loved the episode. It was so great. The nuances were superb and it was so great to see the teams actually working and how good some of them are at it. And that scene with Stanley and Ryan after the sales call and coming back 2 minutes later and Stanley still laughing. That's the happiest I think I've ever seen him. It was great!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2203878;
    Wasn't it just so telling too when Angela gave him the evil eye and all Andy said was "hey I'm over here" to the camera guy.
    The nuances were superb and it was so great to see the teams actually working and how good some of them are at it. And that scene with Stanley and Ryan after the sales call and coming back 2 minutes later and Stanley still laughing. That's the happiest I think I've ever seen him. It was great!
    Oh, yeah, I did take notice of that scene at the end with Andy and Angela, and how that played out...hee It is a fine example of one of the main reasons why I've grown to love this show, i.e., it conveys so much with (relatively) little dialogue (although very significant, when it occurs...), but, also, loads of body language amongst the characters, as well as camera shots (in and out of focus) of the action in this "office" from the ones filming this running "documentary", as the story behind this show goes. Indeed, those nuances of "The Office" are very superb!

Hell, in my opinion, this is just a smart, sharp and often hilarious show - one of the few that I still watch on network TV. So many of my past experiences in similar corporate workplaces show up on "The Office"... And, by the way: Yes, seeing Stanley and Ryan on that sales call, with Stanley laughing his a** off, with glee, was priceless...... Now, I want to see how Dwight makes his way back to "The Office", and how Angela surely helps to make that happen ...

Cat

CCL
    Loved that Dwight & Michael were in the paper section at Staples when they had their little reunion. How apropos.

Ryan seems to have gotten a little mean this season. I'm thinking of his reaction when Jim came back with regards to moving seats and his refusal to help Jim prank Andy. I don't fault Ryan for either of those things, actually. More his actual response...both times it was kind of flippant. And it was weird that he was still working when the party was happening, his only concession being that he was wearing a sombrero. When did he become such a diligent employee?

Andy - yikes!

The scene where Karen asks Jim if he still has feelings for Pam and he says yes. I felt bad for Karen but...ooh, Jam!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2209288;
    The scene where Karen asks Jim if he still has feelings for Pam and he says yes. I felt bad for Karen but...ooh, Jam!
    YESSSSSS!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2209288;
    Ryan seems to have gotten a little mean this season. I'm thinking of his reaction when Jim came back with regards to moving seats and his refusal to help Jim prank Andy. I don't fault Ryan for either of those things, actually. More his actual response...both times it was kind of flippant. And it was weird that he was still working when the party was happening, his only concession being that he was wearing a sombrero. When did he become such a diligent employee?
    I liked Jim's "I liked you better as a temp." and Ryan's "Yeah, me too."
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

+ Reply to Thread