+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 135 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2197786;
    Pam's ex is sure being a lot nicer to her, and more fun, than he was when they were engaged.
    Isn't that the truth. I chuckled when he was telling/asking Pam if she remembered when they were planning their honeymoon and he wanted to go somewhere else and she wanted to go to Mexico. And he was like "boy was I wrong." I just wonder where they're going with this. They can't have us liking both Roy and Jim for Pam.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2197902;
    Isn't that the truth. I chuckled when he was telling/asking Pam if she remembered when they were planning their honeymoon and he wanted to go somewhere else and she wanted to go to Mexico. And he was like "boy was I wrong." I just wonder where they're going with this. They can't have us liking both Roy and Jim for Pam.
    I thought he said he was right? You know, kind of like having a comedic sense of cockiness.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I thought it was he wanted to go to Mexico and she wanted to go to Hawaii, and he was saying after the "luau" (Hawaiian) that his was clearly the better choice...not sure if he was joking or serious.

Oh gosh, you're both right. My mistake. However, still charming nonetheless and a lot more than we saw from him before. A bit cocky yes, but I definitely feel like (and i'm eating it up) that Roy's becomming much more likeable.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2198275;
    Oh gosh, you're both right. My mistake. However, still charming nonetheless and a lot more than we saw from him before. A bit cocky yes, but I definitely feel like (and i'm eating it up) that Roy's becomming much more likeable.
    Oh I agree 100%. Season 3 Roy is like a 180 from Seasons 1 and 2 Roy. And I hope he does succeed in winning Pam back. She's miserable right now doing nothing but watching Karen and Jim's relationship, so a little bit of Ram (Roy and Pam) would be good for her temporarily. But of course, we all know that Pam and Jim HAVE to get together at some point (the whole series has been built around it!), so Ram will not be a long-lasting thing.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    What will probably happen is like any good soap opera, she will get back together with Roy the day that Jim breaks up with Karen to be with Pam thus ensuring more drama and romantic tension. Shows always seem to go downhill when the two romantic leads finally get together - ie the Moonlighting curse.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Pure Speculation!

I think that Karen will cheat on Jim with Roy...
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2200093;
    Shows always seem to go downhill when the two romantic leads finally get together - ie the Moonlighting curse.
    This is often true. But I'd like to see Jim & Pam have a nice romantic relationship. I can see it working because a) the focus of the show is not on them exclusively, so there's not the worry of over-saturating the audience and b) the writers are quite good and could probably work out some good Jam storylines (I believe this has been mentioned before? Maybe by PWS?). Anyhow, a lot of entertainment seems to be focussed more on the chase for romance; I'd like to see something about the actual unfolding of said romance once it has been won.

It seems they are making Roy more "likeable." I never disliked Roy myself (though, of course, I prefer Jim), it would just make me sad when he seemed to ignore Pam or take her for granted (I don't think he was intentionally being mean to her, more just being placid and not putting the time/effort in).

Edited to add: Joss Whedon is going to be directing an episode of The Office in the spring (for those of you who don't know him, he's the genius behind Buffy, Angel etc). Two of my favourite things together! Yay!
    Last edited by CCL; 01-09-2007 at 03:37 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2200125;
    Edited to add: Joss Whedon is going to be directing an episode of The Office in the spring (for those of you who don't know him, he's the genius behind Buffy, Angel etc). Two of my favourite things together! Yay!
    Ahhh...this is so exciting. I just got into The Office recently, and I love it. It's definitely one of my favorite comedies of all time. And I love Joss Whedon (I never really saw Angel, but Buffy and Firefly are two of my favorite shows ever. Yes, pure genius!), and I just read in that article that JJ Abrams (Genius behind Felicity, Alias, and Lost) is directing the episode after. Wow...it must be lucky day.
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

CCL
    ^ I'll be eager to see what JJ Abrams does with The Office, GreenMustard. I wonder if it'll have any Lost references - I loved when Dwight went down to the warehouse and told the camera that it was like when the survivors on Lost met the Others.

Love your Joss Whedon signature, by the way.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread