+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 135 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

Oh gosh, my heart just felt for Pam. I was sort of forewarned from Jenna's blog on her myspace, but wow, those tears were something out of nowhere. And Dwight's response at first "Who is he? I'll kill him." Then "That's a major case of PMS". Oh Dwight. What a guy. He means well, but he just manages to make it so endearingly inept.

Dwight was SO incredibly sweet and ignorant at the same time. My heart really went out to Pam. Great show tonight, loved the opening scene with the meeting and the tape recorder. HILARIOUS
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

CCL
    Loved the Pam-Dwight scene. When he took off his jacket making us think he was going to put it around Pam's shoulders but instead tied it around his waist saying it was hot in there?
    Hopefully the Karen and Jim spat will be the beginning of many more. Long live Jam! Pam seems to be getting along with Roy pretty well though...
    So I guess Jan didn't know about the photo being emailed to a lot of people? She didn't act like she did. Her speech to Michael last night reminded me (opposite-wise) of Darcy's speech to Elizabeth in Pride & Prejudice where he tells her he loves her despite himself and all of her objectionable qualities. Elizabeth was rightly affronted but Michael seemed totally unfazed at Jan listing all the reasons why she shouldn't be with him. That made me laugh.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I missed most of the show last night. I only caught the Pam/Dwight scene, and then Jan's speech to Michael - and CCL, that is a hilarious comparison to P&P.

So I assume, then, that Jan was the person who went on vacation with Michael?

But I missed the reason that Pam was crying! What happened???
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL
    AJane: Jan did go on vacation with Michael. There was a picture of her on one of those sunloungers and Michael going to smack her bottom - that is the photo that was emailed to everyone, after Michael accidentally sent it to the wrong email address (I kept singing that silly Smack That song by Akon all last night, and I totally blame The Office).
    Jim & Karen were having a fight because she wanted to move into an apartment two blocks away from his and he felt that was too close. Pam spoke to him and told him he was being ridiculous. Karen later came up to her and thanked her and said everything was good with her and Jim again. And Pam went off to have a cry. She obviously is trying to just be friends with Jim, gving him advice and stuff, but it's not working.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Thanks CCL! I figured it had to have something to do with Jim.

I loved how the guys were giving Jan a hard time about her suntan, too.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Can I just say I love love love this show? The Pam/Dwight scene was great, but my absolute favorite part was when Jan told Michael that her psychiatrist told her to go ahead and run with her self-destructive tendencies, so she was going to date Michael. Meanwhile, he's worried as hell that she's found out the picture was e-mailed to everyone. The mileage those actors get out of a half-raised eyebrow and quarter turn of the head is freakin' amazing.

Yeah! What a great story line! But what is going to happen when Jan realizes (and you know she will!) that Michael sent her photo around the office?? I guess it will confirm her self-destructive tendencies ...

Hilarious scene of him walking like a beaten child (or one going to get a beating) up the stairs to hear what Jan was there to talk to him about.

Count me in the Love, Love, Love this show category! The acting and writing is great. I find it interesting that serveral of the actors are mainly writers on the show as well.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Another Office lover here....even on vacation managed to see the new episode. And thanks to all you people who filled in Dwight's dialogue in his scene with Pam. I couldn't make out what he was saying, and of course no caption option for the hotel TV.
    Poor Pam. On the other hand she should take heart that Jim is clearly resisting the intensification of things with Karen, not being the one pushing for it.
    Pam's ex is sure being a lot nicer to her, and more fun, than he was when they were engaged.

+ Reply to Thread