+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 135 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2179107;

Such a great episode. I loved when Jim formed a committee of one to determine whether both parties could continue. And when he held another "meeting" to determine whether Dwight could join the committee.
    I loved that part too! The look on Dwight's face during the second "meeting" - with hope that he was going to make it on the committee - was great!

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Awesome show last night. My favourite part was when Michael marked his "girlfriend". Jim's committee of one was hilarious too. It totally looked like Pam is going to get back together with her ex. though.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2179138;
    Awesome show last night. My favourite part was when Michael marked his "girlfriend". Jim's committee of one was hilarious too. It totally looked like Pam is going to get back together with her ex. though.
    Yeah, but then Jim came up with the CIA thing for Dwight (hysterical ending by the way)...took her up on her Christmas present...so that should give her hope for Jam. Unless she thinks it is really just friendship. Also by the way
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I thought there was supposed to be something about Jim freaking because Karen wants to move to a closer apt.? Or is that next year?

Though Jim is right, if he wants to change his life in real life giving up the pranks on Dwight would have been the right move as his superior. So in a way Pam is pulling him back (down). But of course how else can he convey to Pam he's still interested without going out on a limb again?
    Both the women Jim is interested in are great, he has good taste, so no wonder Karen and Pam have bonded. How long before Michael leaks to Karen that Jim used to be really, really interested in Pam?

CCL
    ^ PWS re: spoiler box - that's next year.
    So in a way Pam is pulling him back (down).
    Hm...interesting. I don't know that I would characterize it as her holding him back/down, personally. I think pulling pranks is in Jim's nature - he did them in Stamford when Pam wasn't even around (ie putting Andy's stapler in jello, faxing Dwight from himself etc.).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2180195;
    ^ PWS re: spoiler box - that's next year.

Hm...interesting. I don't know that I would characterize it as her holding him back/down, personally. I think pulling pranks is in Jim's nature - he did them in Stamford when Pam wasn't even around (ie putting Andy's stapler in jello, faxing Dwight from himself etc.).
    Thanks for the info, CCL! Something to look forward to.
    Oh I agree they are in his nature...and a way to make the day go by while you are a peon...but now he's been picked to take on more responsibility, so maybe he's saying to himself, time to grow up...as Dwight's supervisor, as opposed to being his peer or Andy's as before, it's not so appropriate to torture Dwight. If Dwight finds out he, in theory, would not be able to retaliate because Jim's his boss...so not a level playing field.
    Or, of course, he could have just used that as an excuse to Pam, because he felt it was disloyal to Karen to be playing games with Pam...and/or he didn't want to start up with Pam again and get hurt again. But from his "confessional" to the camera it didn't seem like that...it seemed like he wanted to move beyond where he'd been before.
    Of course as a TV watcher I do enjoy the pranks so I"m glad they are back, but as someone who'd like to see the character of Jim mature and eventually move into a real relationship with Pam I hope his reluctance to start this up again is a good sign.
    I have to say I'm always puzzled by his friendship with Michael...I never understood why he would trust Michael with ANY private info, drunk or sober, and even if he feels Michael is at bottom a good person, why would he actually want to increase their friendship so that he'd have to spend more time with him? The characters are people who would never form a bond in real life... that is, Jim would never really enjoy being with Michael. But of course for the scriptwriters his comments to Michael do give us an opportunity to see a little bit of what's going on with Jim, who's normally very private and self aware.
    OK, must remind self ...these are NOT real people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ;2178830;
    I took it as this: Oscar, the relatively normal one working at the office, finally returns, but upon returning, he sees the craziness that always goes on (in this case, the office party). He thinks it's too soon to get back into all that craziness, so he quickly walks back out. I'm sure he'll 'officially' be back when the show comes back in the new year.
    Thank you Canada Champ !

I think the next new episode has Michael coming back from his vacation. I can't wait to find out who he went with.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Yep, and it airs tomorrow night, Thursday January 4th, on NBC.

It's a shame I have to work that night, I guess I'll have to tape it.

Absolutely you'll have to tape it Canada Champ. Can't miss the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    racy photo of said vacation accidentally getting passed around
    . Cannot wait for tomorrow night's episode. It's one of the shows I missed during Christmas hiatus.

I don't want to spoil anything but tonights episode absolutely cracked me up!! And Dwight totally made me go awwwww. So sweet in such an awkward way.

+ Reply to Thread