+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

I just want to say that the Prison Mike bit was the hands-down funniest bit of this season. And it's looking to me like there's hope for Jam yet.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I have to agree that Prison Mike was HILARIOUS. When he screamed "Scared Straight" at Phyllis, I lost it.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

CCL
    Such a funny episode. Maybe they can get Stephen Merchant & Ricky Gervais to write another one in the future. Hopefully.

I thought Andy was so funny with Pam last night - the banjo song. Oh my. And I liked that Pam & Jim were in on something together. They did exchange a few glances last night over the Andy thing, and even in the conference room. Reminded me of old times. And Jim got all closed-off when Karen suggested she help with the plan to have Andy hit on Pam, and instead suggested she go for any other woman in the office except for Pam, which was quite telling.

Seems like we are losing all the Stamford-ites. First the heavy guy, now Martin (who I wish had stayed!). Wonder if we will end up with a Stamford-free office. Karen can go (ha! I wish), and I wish they'd have that woman with the baby go - she just annoys me. Andy can stay though as I find him amusing. Not that I'm in charge of casting or anything.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Ainbowray Onnectioncay was the single funniest thing in that show last night. I laughed for about 10 minutes after it was over, just from hearing Ed Helms singing in that falsetto to the banjo. Freakin' brilliant.

Last night's episode was great. I agree, the Prison Mike thing was just brilliant. I also loved the Pam and Jim glances, they are back. The banjo part at the end also had me laughing out loud. This show is just great.

CCL
    No Office this week.
    Hour-long Christmas episode next week.
    A spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Karen freaks out Jim by suggesting she move to an apartment closer to his (imagine if she suggested moving in!). Pam talks to him and eases his concerns. So yay and boo both. My co-viewer says there will probably be a lot of Jam subtext in any conversation Pam has with Jim about Karen...ooh, I hope so!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2168189;
    No Office this week.
    Hour-long Christmas episode next week.
    A spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Karen freaks out Jim by suggesting she move to an apartment closer to his (imagine if she suggested moving in!). Pam talks to him and eases his concerns. So yay and boo both. My co-viewer says there will probably be a lot of Jam subtext in any conversation Pam has with Jim about Karen...ooh, I hope so!
    I think that can only happen if Pam is getting very confident that there is still basically Jam there, and she just has to wait for him to be able to say/recognize it. Otherwise, too painful I'd think. And what wouldn't be more reassuring than
    Click to see Spoiler:
    than Jim freaking that Karen is moving to a closer apt.!

CCL
    Some stuff about this week's episode (not very spoiler-y but I will use the spoiler tags just in case anyone thinks different).

Click to see Spoiler:
    Angela, party taskmaster extraordinaire, overruns everyone else on the party committe insisting that the party's theme be The Nutcracker. Karen and Pam decide to hold an alternative holiday party full of margaritas and karaoke.
    Michael's girlfriend dumps him after his latest hijinks (he takes a picture of her with her children and her ex-husband and photoshops his face into the photo where the husband's face was). Some of the office staff join him at a local restaurant to commiserate and there is a bit of Jam relationship talk with Jim and Michael (don't know if it is alluded to or spoken of directly).

This is a spoiler for next season: Dwight quits Dunder Mifflin and goes to work for Staples. (I'm sure he will be back sooner than later. I don't think Dwight could exist without Michael to suck up to. His quitting is probably to do with him feeling left out at the office, with Andy sucking up to Michael and Michael liking the attention. Michael will probably talk Dwight back to the fold. I've heard ideas that the situation may be resolved by Andy leaving the firm.)

'Til later my Office buddies!

Tonight's episode was funny... "Marker" Hilarious. I loved how Jim talked about rebounding. You could tell he was thinking about Pam.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I loved tonight's episode. It was cute, charming, witty, and sweet. Also filled with a lot of innuendos and looks towards and between people. Very interesting what Jim had to say about rebounds and how directly related that was to Pam. I must admit, I actually liked Karen and Pam being friendly. Their rival party idea was great. And Michael, oh man, Steve Carrell is so deserving of his Golden Globe nomination. So would some of the other cast. I'm glad we got this holiday episode!

+ Reply to Thread