+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 135 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

It's amazing how good they did the Adam Sandler cover at the end of the show. LOL. They are so funny.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceShoes;2128213;
    I don't think JIm and Pam have been texting all along. If so, there would've been no surprise on JIm's part when he got to talk to her on the phone (last week?) ... He's really giving her her space and I thought it was cool that she found herself wanting to text him, probably to make a joke about what the group was doing ...

Top awkward moment: Michael leaning in for a kiss ... bleh! Poor Pam.

Re sex object
    It does seem rather strange that she has become the "babe" in the office.
    Well, really who are the other choices? Phyllis, who is also engaged, the ice blonde, and nutty Kelly, who is "attached" to Ryan? I think it does relate to her being "single" again. Plus if I were a single guy in that office she'd be the most appealing and "normal" of the younger women.

I don't know anything about texting... does it stay on the screen til you read it? Or self destruct after a certain time period? If the battery dies because he left it on his desk all night (or in the bushes when he fell off his bike) does it lose the message? Other than it being purposefully deleted, or the whole apparatus lost, is there any way he won't eventually see the message?
    Pam seemed SO disappointed not to hear back from him I almost wondered if instead of just telling him the amusing story of Michael's proposal (after getting the "wrong" response from the Indian guy) she'd sent something more personal.
    Loved the whole scene set with Kelly's parents and their judgement of Ryan as a suitable suitor. He certainly doesn't stack up to a "full doctor".
    Also, I think Karen partly didn't drink because she'd been there before, done that, not enough fun for the hangover, but I'm betting once she saw Jim was drinking that her "happening" by in her car was planned. I get more than a "just friends" vibe, at least from her. Jim's recreating his old office ambiance... the guy to play jokes on, the girl to joke with who "gets" him...which may lead to the recreation of some of the feelings he had for Pam at least in minature. But I think she really finds him intriguing/appealing, esp. compared to the competition.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Game's over...hand's down the BEST esoteric pop culture reference of any show was in tonight's episode, when Pam's ex said something to the effect of, "It's like that Cinderella song, 'You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone.'"

Did anyone else notice Michael's cell phone ring? I thought that was hillarious. I loved the episode. Loved Michael and Dwight thinking it was them, then wondering how and not caring. Loved that Jim's going back, but oh the wrench in heart when he told his co-worker if she got a job to take it. All in all a fantastic episode and if they keep coming like this, I will be watching every single one.

The preview for next week, the running hug. Gaaah! My heartstrings are being played perfectly like fiddles.

CCL
    Reasons why I don't want a Jim-Pam-Karen triangle:

A) It's been done. I already feel like the burgeoning Karen/Jim friendship is too much like his friendship with Pam. To add a love triangle to the mix...it's redux. It shows a lack of imagination.
    B) All the players will work in the same office. Too messy and annoying. At least Roy worked in the shipping area (ie he wasn't always around). If Jim has to date someone else (which, actually, I'm fine with) it should be someone not in the office. It would still affect Pam - she would hear the details etc. But it wouldn't affect the office dynamic in the same way.
    C) Darn it, I want me some Jam!!

Honestly, I'm rather filled with trepidation about upcoming episodes. Which is not good, because usually I'm just filled with eager anticipation. It annoys me that they've chosen to go down the love triangle path yet again. I guess I should say double triangle, since Roy is still in the picture.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Or maybe I should say triple triangle, since the Stamford guy (Andy?) is going to make a play for Pam, and Jim is going to "help" him win her over. Sheesh! It's like Melrose Place or something.

Jim sending Dwight faxes from Future Dwight? Brilliant.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Who was the guy that Michael and Dwight were 'chest hitting' in the preview for next week? He was a large man with a black mustache. I don't think we've seen him before, have we?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2136158;
    Reasons why I don't want a Jim-Pam-Karen triangle:

A) It's been done. I already feel like the burgeoning Karen/Jim friendship is too much like his friendship with Pam. To add a love triangle to the mix...it's redux. It shows a lack of imagination.
    B) All the players will work in the same office. Too messy and annoying. At least Roy worked in the shipping area (ie he wasn't always around). If Jim has to date someone else (which, actually, I'm fine with) it should be someone not in the office. It would still affect Pam - she would hear the details etc. But it wouldn't affect the office dynamic in the same way.
    C) Darn it, I want me some Jam!!

Honestly, I'm rather filled with trepidation about upcoming episodes. Which is not good, because usually I'm just filled with eager anticipation. It annoys me that they've chosen to go down the love triangle path yet again. I guess I should say double triangle, since Roy is still in the picture.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Or maybe I should say triple triangle, since the Stamford guy (Andy?) is going to make a play for Pam, and Jim is going to "help" him win her over. Sheesh! It's like Melrose Place or something.

Jim sending Dwight faxes from Future Dwight? Brilliant.
    What???
    Click to see Spoiler:
    You mean the obnoxious guy? Why would Jim do that? Or did you mean as a joke?

Future Dwight... and then Dwight's flying leap and you'll thank me later--hysterical! Combines Dwight's gullibility but also his basically good side--trying to save his colleague--and his obnoxiousness. Brilliant of Jim.
    I also can't wait for the Jam hug, canadian_angel!!! Hope the "new" woman doesn't walk in on it and spoil it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2136077;
    Game's over...hand's down the BEST esoteric pop culture reference of any show was in tonight's episode, when Pam's ex said something to the effect of, "It's like that Cinderella song, 'You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone.'"
    "It's like that song from Cinderella, 'You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone.' I spit beer at the TV thanks to that one

I had already narrowed it down to... Bibbity, Bobbity, Boo
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I was just watching Las Vegas and one character told another that Dunder Mifflin had just booked the large something room for a convention and that they should probably plan on needing extra security. How would that be for a crossover?! Hey, they do it with Crossing Jordan...

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by babymay;2136733;
    "It's like that song from Cinderella, 'You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone.' I spit beer at the TV thanks to that one

I had already narrowed it down to... Bibbity, Bobbity, Boo
    "You don't know what you've got, till it's gone" is a song by the 80's hair metal band Cinderella. They were truely awful...like a really bad version of Poison, which was already bad enough. I think maybe me & four other people (one being Roy or whomever wrote the episode) remember that band.

+ Reply to Thread