+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 135 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Ha ha! I was right!

Anyways yeah some things I liked about tonight's ep:
    -Michael slipping in that picture of him and Carol kissing, and then just looking at it.
    -Karen driving Jim home (I'm all for JAM, but first I need to see a little Jaren action).
    -Michael trying to kiss Pam (now THAT is an akward moment).
    -Ryan's Xbox line (I wonder if he meant an Xbox 360).
    -Pam texting Jim (I wonder if they've been texting for a while now since the end of Initiation).

Some things I DIDN'T like:
    -Roy seeing Pam having a good time and then just leaving. Come on man, show some freaking confidence!
    -the potential end of Carol/Michael. I feel they could have gotten more out of the Carol/Michael/Jan love/like/tolerate triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ;2127490;
    -the potential end of Carol/Michael. I feel they could have gotten more out of the Carol/Michael/Jan love/like/tolerate triangle.
    I agree. I'll be really disappointed if Michael's relationship with Carol is over. (Loved her cheerleader costumer, too. )

Isn't it kind of odd how Pam has become the sexual object in the office now that Jim is gone? First there was Toby's awkward attempt to ask her out, then Kevin made that comment about the picture, then Michael tries to kiss her. Or maybe it's just because she's no longer with Roy and is considered fair game?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL
    Good episode. Michael was on fire last night with his Diwali song, Indian dancing, Kama Sutra brochure etc. I like how Mindy Kaling, who wrote the episode, didn't just make it all about her character Kelly. She gave a lot of great lines and scenes to other people. The same was true with the episode BJ Novak (aka Ryan) wrote, where he gave that great phone scene to Jim & Pam. Such talented & generous people on this show!

Pure speculation: My co-viewer thinks that there will not be any romance between Jim & Karen. She gets a friends vibe from them. She thinks that Karen will serve as a conduit for Jim & Pam, bringing them eventually together (romantically, that is). I hope she's right.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Does anyone believe that Karen purposely didn't drink those shots in the office, just so that she could drive Jim home? I wonder if the shot-drinking thing was a thing before Jim even got into the office?

Heh...maybe she didn't drive him home. Maybe next week's show will start with Jim waking up at Karen's place.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Callie;2127939;
    Does anyone believe that Karen purposely didn't drink those shots in the office, just so that she could drive Jim home? I wonder if the shot-drinking thing was a thing before Jim even got into the office?
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane;
    Heh...maybe she didn't drive him home. Maybe next week's show will start with Jim waking up at Karen's place.

These were my thoughts exactly when I saw Jim start to leave and Karen showed up.

Wonder if Jim will notice his missing texts from Pam, or maybe, going for the soap opera standard, Karen deletes them somehow?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Did any of you catch the Mindy Kaling and Greg Daniels interview on Fresh Air yesterday? If not, you can listen to it on the NPR site here. They talked about writing the show, and, in particular, writing the Diwali episode, casting Mindy's parents as Kelly's parents, and other fun stuff.

I loved this episode, but the best part was the Diwali song and Pam making Michael sit in the back of the car.

CCL
    Originally Posted by Callie
    It seemed like it was a tradition. I mean, Andy came prepared with a mattress/blanket thing. Not to mention the booze. Karen seemed like she wasn't really into it, and just humoured Andy by pretending to join in, but dumping the drinks out - she's probably done the same in the past. Or maybe she joined in during the first year and learned her lesson.

I don't think Karen would erase Pam's text message. I think they are trying to make us like Karen, by showing her helping Jim out last night, helping the guy get his chips out of the vending machine etc. She does seem nice and not as defensive as she was at first. I just don't want Jim to choose her over Pam.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AJane
    Bite your tongue, AJane!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cadcmmngs;2127993;
    Wonder if Jim will notice his missing texts from Pam, or maybe, going for the soap opera standard, Karen deletes them somehow?
    My first thought when Jim fell off his bike were "maybe he dropped his cell phone, so now it's either lost or broken, so he'll never see Pam's message."

Well actually that was my second thought. My first thought was "oh crap I gotta stop laughing so hard out loud, I'll disturb my parents watching TV in the next room."

I don't think JIm and Pam have been texting all along. If so, there would've been no surprise on JIm's part when he got to talk to her on the phone (last week?) ... He's really giving her her space and I thought it was cool that she found herself wanting to text him, probably to make a joke about what the group was doing ...

Top awkward moment: Michael leaning in for a kiss ... bleh! Poor Pam.

Re sex object
    It does seem rather strange that she has become the "babe" in the office.

+ Reply to Thread