+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 135 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    They have to provide some incentive for Jim to transfer back to his old branch... make this new branch also weird.
    What's with the little flirt thing between Jim and the woman who "killed" him in the game? Hopefully not forgetting Pam!!
    The one thing I found odd so far is that Jim at time actually treats his ex-boss like a friend, even telling him he's been turned down twice by Pam...when he knows that the guy can't keep his mouth shut.

PWS,

I've read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the lady Jim works with becomes his girlfriend, at least for some part of the season
    . However, I don't think that negatively affects any future events.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    PWS,

I've read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the lady Jim works with becomes his girlfriend, at least for some part of the season
    . However, I don't think that negatively affects any future events.
    I sure hope not---I want my Jam! At least eventually. I really miss how they used to light up when they looked at each other.
    That said...no wonder this paper company is "struggling"! The office staff everywhere seem to be doing everything but their jobs! If the white collar workers were half as competent as the blue collar ones maybe they wouldn't be talking about cutting back.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    That said...no wonder this paper company is "struggling"! The office staff everywhere seem to be doing everything but their jobs! If the white collar workers were half as competent as the blue collar ones maybe they wouldn't be talking about cutting back.
    Too true! And I want my Jam as well.

Fun fact: Rashida Jones - who plays the woman in the Stamford branch - was John Krasinki's girlfriend (some say they are still together). He apparently lobbied for her to get the part.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Wow, this is really tough for the Jam fans, watching Jim work his same magic on another woman... and her responding as well as Pam...and so far he doesn't seem disappointed in her. On the other hand, it is nice to see that Pam can do the Jim thing w/o Jim...she learned from him how to gently mock a situation... but she also turns it with her Jan sweetness, seeing what Michael really needs and providing it. Even Pam's ex, Roy, seems to have improved and acquired a tad of Jimness.
    Still... I want my Jam... but I want Jim to actually miss Pam, not just to want to avoid the weird videogame people in his new office. If this is really his girlfriend that's so weird...like double vision. As an actress she's responding to him just like Pam did. Is that the director's vision? I know we've kind of left the British model at this point...Pam is already growing, taking art classes, etc., so we really don't have any guidance on where this is going.... If Jim comes back, Pam won't be the same person she was when he left...hopefully he'll think she's better, but she also won't need him as much to free herself--after he left she did that for herself.
    By the way, Ryan, the no longer temp, seems to be responding to Pam, both personally and in being quickest on the gameplaying. And his Indian non-girlfriend (forget her name) seemed to be the only one initially who responded to Michael as would be appropriate really.
    OK, enough Office...just watched a tape and several times. It's still got it.

I really disliked last night's episode. The whole dynamic of the Scranton office is so different without Jim, and not in a good way. I hope we're not going to have to watch him in a different office for the entire season.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I really disliked last night's episode. The whole dynamic of the Scranton office is so different without Jim, and not in a good way. I hope we're not going to have to watch him in a different office for the entire season.
    I agree it's different...but I think maybe they are building for the future. The Brits did the show as a planned short thing... Americans want it to last forever, so eventually they have to get a bit out of the single enclosed office, either by going into the workers' homes, expanding into the blue collar workers' lives, or into another similar office. PLUS, they have to give us a good reason why Jam won't jam the second Jim is back in Michael's office. That could be Jim's other girlfriend, who has no trouble saying she wants him, unlike Pam, or it could be the changes in Pam (and in Roy's behavior--notice, not in Roy..it may be temporary until he gets Pam "back"), or both (all 3 or more). Otherwise there is no romantic tension and they lose all the Jam viewers. It has to be something we can buy...so they set up Jim saying Pam's burned him twice (altho saying it to motormouth Michael? Maybe if he thought Mike was too drunk to remember, but not otherwise), and Pam "growing."
    Or at least that's my optimistic assessment!

Good points, PWS. That's the problem when there's perfect romantic chemistry between two characters, eventually it has to be resolved one way or the other and regardless of the outcome, it always sucks for the viewer. Getting there is ALL the fun. Much as I love this show, I don't want to see Jim & Pam married or even in a relationship - I'd rather have it wrap up before then.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    I started watching this show about 6 weeks ago, and since then I've seen every episode, some of them twice. I have so many that are my favourites, it's hard to choose one single ep, but I really loved Take Your Daughters to Work Day (Dwight telling the kids about Nazis was gold!).

I'm glad that they've started to expand the Office world with the inclusion of the Stamford branch. Obviously in these first few episodes this season they want to make the Stamford branch seem really different than the Scranton branch, because it will make it all the better if/when these branches meet up.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more Jan/Michael/Carole tension. I love it when one minute it looks like Jan despises Michael but then the next she is really jealous of Carole.

Roy seems to have gotten a lot nicer over the summer. It's always nice to see a jerk reform himself and put his priorities in line. While I eventually want Jim/Pam to happen, it would be great for Roy to step it up and win back Pam, if only for a little while.

And does anyone know if Oscar left the show for good, or if his 'vacation' only lasts a handful of episodes? With his coming out known to everyone now, it could make for some interesting comedy if/when he returns.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Just read an article in our local paper about Jam--how well the actors hit it off right away, etc. "Jim" says he is single in real life in the article, but "Pam" apparently got married at 21 (she's 27 now). They sound just as nice in real life as on the show...he blushes when she says he's cute. The Pam actress once tried out for Sidney B.'s role in Alias!!
    By the way, I thought that was a nice touch in a recent show, when she tried on her new top, much more attractive than her usual dowdy outfits, and the sleazy older guy came over and just stared at her. Then she said she remembered why she doesn't wear things like that at the office. Explains her lack of style nicely. And nice that Jim was attracted to her even with her dowdy clothes. Although I have to say even the stuff she wears to office parties is pretty bad...like she's borrowing from her mother's closet.. or her grandma's--the stuff looks like it comes from the 50's, never looks form fitting and the hem length is always wrong. And I"m no stylist of women's clothes, but even I can see it's just weird looking. Her whole style is very 50's.

Had another thought about how Jim might come back...if they have to close an office maybe it will be his new one... and he and his new girlfriend might be transferred to Scranton! Yikes for Pam. Especially if all the cute looks are going to her. And what would the new girl think when she saw that Jam had a similar joking relationship to hers and Jim?

+ Reply to Thread