+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 135 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

YAY!!! Jim found out that Pam was single now! I hope that brings Jim back to Scranton.

Best line of the night:
    "When I first saw Dwight, it made me realize that it might of been a bit childish of me to pull all those pranks on him. Until he opened his mouth..."

I thought the room situation was a little confusing. It seemed that Dwight and Michael were roomies so when Angela showed up to get a key that was puzzling and when Jim walked in on her and thought it was a hooker, I was scratching my head ; doh! Then Michael's in his room waiting for the party that never got started. I supposed I deduced by that time that they had separate rooms though the fact that Dwight and Michael were in the room together setting up alcohol and darts made me think they were together. Did anyone else catch more to this because that part was hard to follow ....

I'm really disappointed that PAM has not called JIM for a date .... and Jim's honesty with Michael that he (Jim) has approached Pam twice and she said "no" was heart-wrenching. That had to really be what Michael needed. It's always great how the writers bring Michael to the end of his jovial (retarded) ignorant friendliness, when he's realizing he has no real friends (moping in the room with the strobe flashlight) and THEN in walks Jim and the whole thing is resolved.

This show has amazing writers.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceShoes View Post
    I thought the room situation was a little confusing. It seemed that Dwight and Michael were roomies so when Angela showed up to get a key that was puzzling and when Jim walked in on her and thought it was a hooker, I was scratching my head ; doh! Then Michael's in his room waiting for the party that never got started. I supposed I deduced by that time that they had separate rooms though the fact that Dwight and Michael were in the room together setting up alcohol and darts made me think they were together. Did anyone else catch more to this because that part was hard to follow ....

Yeah, I thought they were sharing, too, but when Angela showed up I figured out they weren't. It was confusing, though.

Jim knew that Pam didn't get married - he told Michael that he had heard that. But I think he's rather reticent to put himself out there again which is why he's staying safely away from Scranton. And I think Pam is reluctant because if she went out with Jim it would automically be something, as opposed to her just going out on a date with someone else. And she's just newly single after a very long relationship; she has to figure out what her life is going to be like before she can jump into another relationship. At least that's my thinking. If - when - they see eachother again...well, that will be sweet. You know she misses him - she was looking all pensively at his old desk last night.
    Last edited by CCL; 09-29-2006 at 12:27 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

CCL
    I miss Jam. It's not the same with Jim in Stamford; he should be interacting with the other Scranton folk.
    I didn't really get the Stamford video game thing. I guess it was illuminating in that it showed the differences between the 2 branches (Michael & crew watching a high school football movie in the conference room on a set-up like you used to get in high school versus the Stamford bunch playing a high-tech realistic game of war on their flat-screen computers). I just kept thinking - this is supposed to be the "better/more professional" branch & boss? They're playing video games. Where they try to kill their fellow colleagues!
    Co-viewer thought that Angela was being very Lady Macbeth last night, pumping up Dwight to overthrow Michael. Wonder what she will think of her lover now that he has been shown humiliated & grovelling?

FORT Fan
    I didn't care for last night's show compared to shows from last season. Just seems like they go "over the top" where I'd prefer something a bit more toned down... For example, I thought it was too much that Dwight was lying on the floor hysterical; I think his sitting on the chair & begging and pleading not to be fired would've been enough. I'm sure a lot of people found it hilarious though, which is actually good because I want the show to get good enough ratings that it isn't cancelled. There sure aren't a lot of comments here about the show.

I am worried that Jim might develop feelings for the girl that sits behind him. At least Roy seems to actually pay attention to Pam, where in past seasons she just seemed to be there.

I love Kelly. I am surprised that Ryan went on the double date with her last week.

I am also surprised that Ryan isn't becoming Pams office buddy.

How does Pam not notice all that is going on with Dwight and Angela? The camera men seemed so into helping her...
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I didn't really get the Stamford video game thing. I guess it was illuminating in that it showed the differences between the 2 branches (Michael & crew watching a high school football movie in the conference room on a set-up like you used to get in high school versus the Stamford bunch playing a high-tech realistic game of war on their flat-screen computers). I just kept thinking - this is supposed to be the "better/more professional" branch & boss? They're playing video games. Where they try to kill their fellow colleagues!
    The best that I could make of it was that, maybe, the video game thing was the Stamford branch's idea of "team building" ?? Maybe, the whole activity of killing fellow co-workers in the game is indicative of their office culture??

I must admit that I didn't watch the whole ep very closely last night, since I (mistakenly) took a phone call during that time. But, from what I did see, Dwight came off as creepier than usual (e.g., the scene where he told Jan how much he knew about the designers of the clothing she wore...), and some of his schtick seemed over the top. I don't tape TV shows. So, is it possible to watch eps of this show on NBC's website? That question may have been asked and answered elsewhere. I missed last week's ep

Cat

CCL
    Catwoman - like Lynne, I didn't think the episode was stellar. So you didn't really miss that much. I don't think you can watch episodes on the NBC site. I've seen outtakes & stuff but never full episodes. I know ABC is showing episodes on its website after a show has aired on tv- that is a good idea. Maybe NBC will do that, too. You could buy it on itunes if that is an option for you? I think they're a dollar or two.
    babymay: Pam knows what's going on with Angela & Dwight. I just don't think she cares enough to spy on them surreptiously 99% of the day. But she is aware of their relationship. She's the only one in the office, it seems (can't remember if Jim knows, too).
    I think they're indicating that something will develop between Jim & the Stamford woman.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I've read that Jim gets a girlfriend that is a bit of a psycho. I don't know if this is the same character. She did seem to enjoy killing him in the videogame so...

Last night's ep wasn't that great, but for some reason I found this insanely hysterical:

"What's the dentist's name?"
    "Crentist."

I finally got to watch last week's episode last night (someone taped it for me). The scene at the end with the black light made me HOWL!

EEEEWWWWW! LEAST favorite episode of known history of show to date! I hope this is not indicative of trying to outdo past episodes, because it was too much.

Thought it was funny though when Josh and other weirdo guy at Stamford branch got Jim in the conference room to yell at him for playing the game wrong. You could tell JIM had no experience whatsoever with the game and they weren't explaining it to him, but they WERE yelling for doing it wrong and that was funny. Love JIm's faces but really MISSING Pam/Jim ...

+ Reply to Thread