+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 135 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

CCL
    Ah! Thanks for the heads-up, bof cof. I wonder if that was the fan video that won the contest nbc was holding? Anyhow, it's a good one. Can't wait until the new season starts!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

CCL
    The Office won the emmy for Best Comedy.

Here are some spoilers I've heard about for the upcoming season:

Click to see Spoiler:

Apparently we do not start off where we left off last season (with Jim & Pam). Instead the season starts and it is September in the office. Jim is working in the Stamford branch of Dunder Mifflin. Apparently we will see more of Jan, but not in the Scranton office. Will she be interacting more with Jim & the Scranton office? And how long will Jim be away from the rest of the Office regulars?
    Dwight stuff: Dwight puts himself in charge of Ryan, the temp (poor Ryan!). We will see Dwight's beet farm and his relationship with Angela will progress, leading to wedding bells???
    Other office staff: Oscar's boyfriend will appear again. Creed will up his thieving ways. Carol Burnett may guest star (that would be cool). There will be more webisodes in the future.
    And that's it. Can't wait until September 21!!

I was so glad I stayed up to see the last couple of awards...how great to see such a deserving win. I think Steve Carell was robbed, though.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Just a note for those picking up the DVD tomorrow (): If you get it at Target, there's exclusive footage of a video blog recorded during the taping of Booze Cruise. I was already planning to get my copy there, so that makes me happy.

CCL
    The Office starts tonight. But I was looking at Global's listings and they do not have it on there (I was thinking maybe they would show it at 7:30 like they did with Friends but apparently not). I looked on Global's website and it just said that the show airs on Thursday nights, even though they are clearly not showing it on Thursday night!?! It's fine for me because I can catch it on NBC but it sucks for people who only can watch it with Global (like AJane).

Living in the midwest now, I saw the first five minutes of the opener already. They are in spoiler caps.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Pam, why Pam? I guess they really did wrap it up quick.

As for Ryan, he's going to be new Jim. Jim left to Scramton.

My friends have all teased me for getting soaked up in the sappy stuff, but hey, it's all part of The Office.
    Last edited by ConfusedONE; 09-21-2006 at 08:38 PM.

I missed the end where Oscar was talking about sometimes it's good to be the gay guy. What happened right before that? Did he get a raise or something for Michael's atrocious behavior?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I missed the end where Oscar was talking about sometimes it's good to be the gay guy. What happened right before that? Did he get a raise or something for Michael's atrocious behavior?
    Three months paid vacation and a company car.

I taped it and watched it later this evening. I laughed so hard at the "Ian McKellan" line, I had to stop the tape for a bit. Then I had to again when Dwight tried to kiss Oscar. That guy who plays Dwight is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I taped it and watched it later this evening. I laughed so hard at the "Ian McKellan" line, I had to stop the tape for a bit. Then I had to again when Dwight tried to kiss Oscar. That guy who plays Dwight is awesome.
    OMG - I loved that line too! From the first seconds all the way until the closing credits, I was laughing out loud. Either I really missed this show over the summer or it's gotten even funnier! Dwight fake-crying over Jim being gone was perfect and I literally cheered when Pam told us that she broke things off with Roy. Hey, at least she has lunch for 5 weeks!

Michael is so embarrassingly clueless, but I can't stop laughing through the discomfort. When he was trying to kiss Oscar I was in hysterics! Can't blame Oscar for not wanting to kiss him. about Oscar's "roommate" Gil and Michael wondering if Gil knows that Oscar is gay.

I confess that I have an enormous crush on Jon Krasinski. He constantly makes me crack up when he looks right into the camera. The look on his face when the guy flipped out over his calculator being put in Jell-O was hilarious. Why is it that guys like Jim never work in any office I work in?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I confess that I have an enormous crush on Jon Krasinski. He constantly makes me crack up when he looks right into the camera. The look on his face when the guy flipped out over his calculator being put in Jell-O was hilarious. Why is it that guys like Jim never work in any office I work in?
    Because we'd never get any work done if they did, Critical! John is yummy.

I wonder if Jim knows that Pam broke things off with Roy? Even if he did, he might not go back straight away as it is a major change on her part and it is not like she should/could rush right into a relationship with him. But he does seem to be in touch with the Scranton office so he might be aware of it. It was so poignant when he was at the HERO seminar and he had a pointedly empty seat beside him. And when Pam, at her own meeting, looked over giggling at Ryan after Michael said something stupid, as she would have done with Jim, and he just said "What?"
    Dwight was on fine form last night - from his flailing attempt to go after Oscar after he pushed aside Angela, to his kissing of Oscar, to his use of the gaydar detector on himself.

+ Reply to Thread