+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 135 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    So hard to imagine how they will handle this.... surely SOMETHING about the wedding will be shown? Or why it becomes a non-wedding? Or it will it just pick up next fall, Pam having realized she wasn't ready to marry her fiance, but still not dating Jim for some reason?
    Yeah, it's one of those awkward show storylines...do you get the couple together and risk it turning/being boring? Or do you keep them apart and risk alienating the audience? I've been reading Jenna Fischer's blog (which is excellent) and she said that, ironically, she spent the day Pam was to get married to Roy (I think it was June 10th) with the actor that plays Roy (they were doing commentary for the Office dvd or something). She said that she doesn't even know what the writers are planning (of course, I doubt she would tell us if she did know!). I don't really see her dumping Roy and riding off into the sunset immediately with Jim. I mean, really, who could do that but a heartless person? I'm sure that if she does decide to leave Roy there will be some sort of interim period before she and Jim become a couple. I really hope she doesn't marry Roy. I guess we'll just have to wait to see.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Yeah, it's one of those awkward show storylines...do you get the couple together and risk it turning/being boring? Or do you keep them apart and risk alienating the audience? I've been reading Jenna Fischer's blog (which is excellent) and she said that, ironically, she spent the day Pam was to get married to Roy (I think it was June 10th) with the actor that plays Roy (they were doing commentary for the Office dvd or something). She said that she doesn't even know what the writers are planning (of course, I doubt she would tell us if she did know!). I don't really see her dumping Roy and riding off into the sunset immediately with Jim. I mean, really, who could do that but a heartless person? I'm sure that if she does decide to leave Roy there will be some sort of interim period before she and Jim become a couple. I really hope she doesn't marry Roy. I guess we'll just have to wait to see.
    Right, I agree an immediate switchover would not be the Pam we've seen...even tho Roy seems pretty casual about Pam...more as if they'd been married for 20 years already than as if they were engaged...presumably he'd be shocked if she dumped him.
    I'm wondering if there was a hint there in the last show when the boss woman was moping outside and Jim gave her a compliment and she asked if he was moving to the other branch (where she is?). That maybe Jim leaves because Pam is going ahead with the wedding, takes up with her, meanwhile Pam comes to her senses and backs out of the wedding, but Jim doesn't hear for a while, because it would be very Pamlike for her not to call him.
    OK, enough obsessing about a pretend romance! I do agree they won't want to hook them up right away for dramatic reasons.

CCL
    PWS - the other branch is in Connecticut whereas Jan is in New York. So not exactly in the same place but I guess pretty close. I don't think he'd take up with Jan - can you imagine what Michael would think? But it is a possibility...

OK, enough obsessing about a pretend romance!
    We're pretty bad.

Has anyone watched the webisodes yet? There are currently 2 on the nbc.com website...

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl View Post
    Has anyone watched the webisodes yet? There are currently 2 on the nbc.com website...
    Yup, thought they were funny, altho I missed a couple of lines...don't think you can get screen caps on such a small screen!

Yeah, I saw them. They were nice, pretty much a 1 or 2 joke segment.

I'm glad to see networks going in a non-traditional way.

I also went thru the deleted scenes outakes.

There are 2 very funny ones on the booze cruse.
    One with michel playing giutar, the other involved to much alcahol.

CCL
    2 already? I thought they were going to be having new ones every Thursday, starting with last week. Hmm. I did see the first one. It was all right. Kind of weird to have it so short, though - you don't really get in the groove.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    2 already? I thought they were going to be having new ones every Thursday, starting with last week. Hmm. I did see the first one. It was all right. Kind of weird to have it so short, though - you don't really get in the groove.
    True--I saw 2 together, that was better I'd guess. They are a sequence, so if you haven't seen them yet, do them in order.

CCL
    ^^ I just watched the second one and liked it. I think the first webisode's main purpose was setting up the storyline, as opposed to being solely entertaining. Hopefully the Phyllis webisode is more an indicator of how future webisodes will be.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    PWS - the other branch is in Connecticut whereas Jan is in New York. So not exactly in the same place but I guess pretty close. I don't think he'd take up with Jan - can you imagine what Michael would think? But it is a possibility...
    Thanks for the geography info! We don't know where in Conn right? Well, it's a small state and most of the industrial parts aren't far from NYC... that's where Jan is? I can see Jim feeling that if Pam has married he has to force himself to move on....and while I don't think he'd take up with Jan JUST to irritate Michael it certainly wouldn't be a minus point for him....
    Hopefully it doesn't happen tho--want my Jam sooner rather than later even if it does take the suspense out of the show....such good writers, maybe they can find a way to make a couple together as interesting as a couple not yet together!

+ Reply to Thread