+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 135 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

CCL
    PWS: I don't think we can really judge what is going to happen with the US show based on the British show. Because the British show was only 2 seasons long, and each season was only 6 or so episodes. So, in terms of number of episodes, I believe the US version has surpassed the British version.
    Anyhow, for what it is worth:
    Tim stayed with the company for the duration of the show (aka Jim. In fact, there was no talk of Tim leaving to join the other branch). After the 2 seasons, they made a final episode called The Office Special; it was set 3 years after the documentary finished filming (sort of like those reality tv show reunions they have with former castmates). Dawn had moved to Florida with her fiancee (his sister was living there) and was babysitting for a living. The last part of the episode is the company having a Christmas party and Dawn comes back (the documentary crew interviewed her in Florida & she spoke about how she couldn't afford to come home for Christmas so the documentary crew ended up paying for her flight). Anyway, she comes to the party and she and Tim start kissing and become a couple and that's how the show ends.
    In the British version, the two branches of the company do merge (like in the American show, there was always talk about branches closing or merging. Whether that will happen in the US show remains to be seen). The boss character gets demoted (the other branch manager becomes the boss). In the special you see how the boss has been fired (or quit, can't remember which) and is now making a living as a former reality tv star, making stupid appearances and stuff. And Gareth (aka Dwight) is now the manager.

It would have been great if Rainn Wilson had gotten nominated for an Emmy. Ah, well. They got nominated for 5 awards in all - show, actor, writing and I forget what the other 2 were.
    Last edited by CCL; 07-07-2006 at 01:28 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

"Anyway, she comes to the party and she and Tim start kissing and become a couple and that's how the show ends. "

CCL, you missed the part about the Art Kit.

Dawn, was planning to study art and eventually quit her job.
    Lee gives her static about it and convinces her not to do it and to move with him.

At the part Tim gives Dawn a present.
    Dawn and Lee leave the party, and Dawn opens the present to find that its an Art Kit.
    The final scene is tim moping around the party, Dawn rushes in and they start kissing and the show ends.

I may have forgotten bits, it has been a while since Ive seen it, but the Art kit was the important part. She relaized that Tim 'got her' and encouraged her dreams.

CCL
    D'oh. How could I forget the art kit!

I watched the re-run of the season finale this weekend and I can honestly say that this is the number one show I'm waiting to come back.

I keep trying to figure out how/if they are going to reconsile the UK and US version.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bof_Cof View Post
    I watched the re-run of the season finale this weekend and I can honestly say that this is the number one show I'm waiting to come back.

I keep trying to figure out how/if they are going to reconsile the UK and US version.
    Definitely right up there for me (also waiting for Prison Break ) as well. And now that I know, thanks to you all, how the UK version ended also wondering what you are. Pam has sent out her "save the date" cards so the wedding can't be all that far off....it seems to me I even heard a mention of a date or a time frame but I've forgotten it....not that show time matches real time exactly, but close. I would think the wedding would force a crisis, even if the kiss doesn't. I fear the show will pick up the next day/week, not right from where the finale ended, so we won't see (except maybe in flashback) what was said/done after Pam realized she kissed him back--so she can no longer say it's all him misinterpreting. Ah, !

PWS,

I read on E!Online that the wedding would have taken place June 10th or something like that. If it did indeed take place. Also that the Office timeline is indeed similar to the "real world" timeline.

Just a reminder:

The office webisodes start July 13th.

"NBC has decided to create 2 minute web only episodes of The Office that will be offered through NBC.com. These short episodes will focus on the accounting department of Angela (Angela Kinsey), Oscar (Oscar Nunez) and Kevin (Kevin Baumgartner). "

I just caught this off the tvsquad

British cast to appear on American version of The Office

Some of the American characters on NBC's The Office are going to come face-to-face with their British alter-egos! American executive producer Ben Silverman says next season we can expect to see Mackenzie Crook, who played Gareth; Martin Freeman, who played Tim; and Lucy Davis, who played Dawn on the American version of the show. These are essentially the alter egos to Dwight, Jim, and Pam. I think I'm most excited to see Dwight butt heads with militaristic Gareth, but I know my heart will be torn between Jim and Tim!

Unfortunately, show creator Ricky Gervais is not scheduled to appear on the next season of The Office. Too bad. I can only imagine the wonderfully uncomfortable conversation between David Brent and Michael Scott (Steve Carell).

CCL
    Hm...that would be interesting. Maybe some sort of paper-sellers convention that they all go to? (Trying to think of what would bring them together) I heard that Ricky Gervais would be writing an episode next season.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    PWS,

I read on E!Online that the wedding would have taken place June 10th or something like that. If it did indeed take place. Also that the Office timeline is indeed similar to the "real world" timeline.
    So hard to imagine how they will handle this.... surely SOMETHING about the wedding will be shown? Or why it becomes a non-wedding? Or it will it just pick up next fall, Pam having realized she wasn't ready to marry her fiance, but still not dating Jim for some reason?

+ Reply to Thread