+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 135 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

CCL
    Ah, PWS, I'm a fellow sucker. I even like the nickname fans have come up with for Jim & Pam (Jam - like Bennifer but cuter. ). Though I don't find Jenna Fischer & John Krasinski dour myself (he's a cutie!), my coviewer agrees with you about Jenna/Pam (I think it's just on the show - she looks cute in real life). I guess we will have to wait and see what will happen for Pam & Jim. Jenna Fischer said on her Pam blog that Pam & Jim would not be in this summer's webisodes because of the way they ended the season finale. Darn cliffhangers.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Ah, PWS, I'm a fellow sucker. I even like the nickname fans have come up with for Jim & Pam (Jam - like Bennifer but cuter. ). Though I don't find Jenna Fischer & John Krasinski dour myself (he's a cutie!), my coviewer agrees with you about Jenna/Pam (I think it's just on the show - she looks cute in real life). I guess we will have to wait and see what will happen for Pam & Jim. Jenna Fischer said on her Pam blog that Pam & Jim would not be in this summer's webisodes because of the way they ended the season finale. Darn cliffhangers.
    Jam, I love it! I don't think they are dour in real life (and they are both pretty cute), I think it is good acting. They don't smile all that much either of them, except when putting one over on Michael or Dwight, but those smiles don't compare to the ones they have when they are interacting with each other. It seems like a thought out part of their characters... no smile, medium smile, smile. J
    John (Jim) reminds me of one of my kids so I find him especially cute. I like though how the people on this show are not "model cute" for the most part, and even the ones who might be with the right styling etc., don't have that styling. I love how Pam's hair is always kind of messy and falling down, and not in a "styled" way.

CCL
    How old is your son, PWS.

I read somewhere that Jenna Fischer said that they always styled her hair to look somewhat dowdy; they would never put her in a ponytail because they felt it looked too good. I love that everyone is not spotlit and madeup to perfection.

No Office this week (boo), but there will be two episodes on next week. One will air at 8:30 which is the timeslot that The Office will occupy next season. I wonder how it will do against Survivor. Hmmm.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    How old is your son, PWS.

I read somewhere that Jenna Fischer said that they always styled her hair to look somewhat dowdy; they would never put her in a ponytail because they felt it looked too good. I love that everyone is not spotlit and madeup to perfection.

No Office this week (boo), but there will be two episodes on next week. One will air at 8:30 which is the timeslot that The Office will occupy next season. I wonder how it will do against Survivor. Hmmm.
    Just 30, CCL and not in a relationship...
    Well, I taped Office and Earl this year, guess I can do it again next year.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Just 30, CCL and not in a relationship...
    Oooh...

The real estate agent who was on the season finale was played by Steve Carrell's real-life wife. I thought she looke familiar (must have seen her in some red carpet pictures with him, or something).

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Oooh...

The real estate agent who was on the season finale was played by Steve Carrell's real-life wife. I thought she looke familiar (must have seen her in some red carpet pictures with him, or something).
    Really? That's interesting. They sure do have an unusual way of adding actors...like the "temp" being one of the writers as well.

Well, I've checked the Global listings for this Thursday...it's all about Will & Grace this week *insert puke smilie here* and next week is the Sexual Harrassment epi of The Office. So I guess I'll never see it. I caved and read the spoilers here, and I'm crushed I missed it. CCL, did you see it on satellite? It doesn't look like any Canadian affiliates carried it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL
    AJane - I watched it on the NBC station out of Buffalo. I don't know what Global is doing with regards to airing the finale. You'd think they'd put it on the schedule somewhere & sometime soon.
    Last edited by CCL; 05-17-2006 at 10:06 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by catwoman1955 View Post
    AJane,

That is EXACTLY how I feel about "The Office", and, hence, one of the main ways that the show appeals to me . Kudos to the writers (and the actors), on all fronts! Episode after episode, I see/find slices of real life, especially in the workplace scenarios, through both the humor/comedy, and, then, the pathos that is presented, most vividly, towards the end of each segment.
    Hi all, i'm new to this thread, but wanted to say that as a fan of the original british Office, it took a little while for me to warm up to the american one, but I have to say, it's one of my "never miss" shows now. (Gotta love DVR'S!)

I Agree with you Catwoman1955, the show blends humor and pathos well, without letting the pathos get too sappy, and the humor is just laugh out loud for me!

Can't wait for season two!

CCL
    Canadian Fans: Global will be showing the season finale of The Office next Thursday (June the...um 1st?, Sorry, blanking on dates. Anyways, a week from today). It's on at 8 Eastern.

+ Reply to Thread