+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 135 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

I'll have to wait until the finale reruns, which usually isn't until right before the new season starts. I missed it and forgot to tape it!!

CCL
    Ah!!! Loved it.
    It was weird that Global didn't show it - I guess because of the whole "supersizing" thing they had to choose between Earl & the Office and they chose the former. I don't know when they're going to air it on Global - they don't list it on their website.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Jim and Pam are my new Luke and Lorelei! I was not expecting Jim to say what he did.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    What a cliff hanger! It will be very interesting how they work this out without JTS. I think it will be fine because The Office has stayed consistently good even when changing tones, so they must have really good writers, and of course a great cast.

CCL
    What's JTS?

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    JTS = Jump The Shark. I am not saying that The Office has or will jump the shark, because it is too smart. They will have plans to deal with this dynamic, I don't have a doubt in my mind.

Awe man, that one moment was absolutely adorable. I love this show and at first I really couldn't stand it. I'm so glad I caught a few more episodes.

I read somewhere that in the finale
    Click to see Spoiler:
    dwight (sp?) was supposed to find out he's lost his job or something. did this happen??

Spoilering because I'm not sure if it really happened.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Awe man, that one moment was absolutely adorable. I love this show and at first I really couldn't stand it. I'm so glad I caught a few more episodes.

I read somewhere that in the finale
    Click to see Spoiler:
    dwight (sp?) was supposed to find out he's lost his job or something. did this happen??

Spoilering because I'm not sure if it really happened.
    Not that I saw, not even close

CCL
    Thanks for the explanation, cottoncandy.

I was watching the end with Pam & Jim & at the end she pushes him away and he says "Right." So maybe it will not be an automatic happy coupledom for the two (not that it ever could be with Roy in the picture). One possibility I've heard is that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jim transfers to the Connecticut branch which is then downsized with the people from that branch being transferred to the Scranton office. Which means that Jim would end up back where he started Could happen, seeing as how on the UK Office the other branch was downsized and their staff came to the Slough office (as I recall).

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, cottoncandy.

I was watching the end with Pam & Jim & at the end she pushes him away and he says "Right." So maybe it will not be an automatic happy coupledom for the two (not that it ever could be with Roy in the picture). One possibility I've heard is that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jim transfers to the Connecticut branch which is then downsized with the people from that branch being transferred to the Scranton office. Which means that Jim would end up back where he started Could happen, seeing as how on the UK Office the other branch was downsized and their staff came to the Slough office (as I recall).
    Really? I didn't hear him say that...and had the captioning on as well. Or if I did I took it as a sort of, right, what do we do now about this, not a right, we can't do this. She sort of pushed him away, or pushed back to look at him, not clear. I watched it twice as it was so and I'm a sucker for .
    I did wonder if she says no, she can't do that to Roy, and so he takes the transfer. I also thought I saw a bit of a vibe with the boss (Michael's other date, forget her name) of the other office, when they were outside and she said she felt underdressed, and Jim said, I think you look great, and she sort of preened. I wondered then (before he spoke to Pam) if they might come together that night in depression and despair, and then be seen by Pam and MIchael (SO glad that didn't happen--too sitcom!)... but now I wonder if he does transfer if they'll become an item as he tries to forget Pam. I'm guessing TPTB have to do something to keep them from coming together...but it would only really work if Pam cancelled her wedding to Roy after Jim left, realizing she loves Jim, but didn't let him know that, so he tries to "move on". I don't see her ever having an affair with Jim while married, at least not the way she's been portrayed. That would be more tragic than sweet.
    I've said it before, but I just LOVE the way the two actors show them almost literally lighting up around each other. Two slightly dour looking actors, utterly transformed by the smiles they have around each other--which are megawatts greater than their smiles in other situations. Almost giddy.

+ Reply to Thread