+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 135 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by elk View Post
    Can anyone give me a link of where in FORT I can find the discussion about this show? I just recently saw all the episodes and really enjoyed them. The character of Tim (Jim on the US version) is excellent!

Thanks in advance!

PS, looking forward to the US epi tonight. I really love this show!
    elk - I loved Tim as well! The thread for the UK Office is a couple of years old. There might be some renewed interest in it because I know they've just started airing it on one of the PBS stations. Here's the link:
    The Office
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

elk
    Thanks, CCL. I will go there right now.

Did you see Tim (Martin Freeman) in Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy? Loved that movie and loved his character!
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

This show is so hilarious! Jim's descriptons of his pranks on Dwight were all priceless. The nickels in the phone handset had me
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I don't pay much attention to Emmys, for all I know they may have some already, but this show really deserves them. The writing, acting, and editing are all superb.

In tonight's episode, for instance, when all of the escalating "conflicts" led to showing Jim interviewing for a position at another branch, it had real dramatic impact. The hilarity of all that over-the-top foolishness counterpoints the poignancy of the human drama.

They really stuck their landing with the image at the end of the Human Resources guy filing a box of complaints in the warehouse with all the other boxes. It was kind of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest View Post

They really stuck their landing with the image at the end of the Human Resources guy filing a box of complaints in the warehouse with all the other boxes. It was kind of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    Oh, not just kind of....TOTALLY! And I took it as meaning all of those boxes were filled with complaints!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina View Post
    This show is so hilarious! Jim's descriptons of his pranks on Dwight were all priceless. The nickels in the phone handset had me
    Me, too. But it was poignant (to use Harvest's word ) seeing Jim's realization that he spent all this time winding up Dwight (when he was talking about how he spent a whole day moving Dwight's desk towards the copier, inch by inch) and for what, really? And when he told Pam that it was him that had complained to Toby about the wedding planning? I totally knew the moment was coming yet it still packed an emotional punch. A very well done show.

CCL
    Sorry for the doublepost but I forgot to respond to elk.

Quote Originally Posted by elk
    Thanks, CCL. I will go there right now.

Did you see Tim (Martin Freeman) in Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy? Loved that movie and loved his character!
    I've not seen Hitchiker's - I meant to but it didn't happen. Maybe when it is on tv one day. You might want to check out Shaun of the Dead - Lucy Davis (aka Dawn) is in it and Martin Freeman (Tim) has a small role as well. It's a very funny movie to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Oh, not just kind of....TOTALLY! And I took it as meaning all of those boxes were filled with complaints!
    Yeah, and they were probably all from Dwight about Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina View Post
    My husband was taking notes. He lives for that stuff at work.

I'm blown away at how they manage to change the tone of the show from utter hilarity to such poignancy (stealing Harvest's term again ) in the final scenes. I laugh myself silly during the first 27 minutes, and then end up nearly in tears for the last 3.

I never saw the Brit version - is the storyline following it? Or can we have the fun of speculating what's going to happen? I'm thinking Pam's wedding will be cancelled, but there will be no actual hooking up with Jim...more like a long period of coldness and awkwardness between them. And naturally Jim won't get transferred (he can't! ).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I loved last night's episode. What a great lead into the season finale.

moments: Creed mistaking the ID photo for a mug shot, Phyllis telling Angela how she really feels about her, the photoshopped office photo.

moments: Jim admitting to Pam that he filed the complaint, then proceeding with the transfer to the other office

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post

I never saw the Brit version - is the storyline following it? Or can we have the fun of speculating what's going to happen? I'm thinking Pam's wedding will be cancelled, but there will be no actual hooking up with Jim...more like a long period of coldness and awkwardness between them. And naturally Jim won't get transferred (he can't! ).
    The first episode was almost word-for-word with the British series. But they're not really following the British version now. They're able to draw things out a lot more in the US version because they make so many more episodes. It's been a while since I saw the British version actually - might have to re-watch it. Anyways, in the British version Dawn (aka Pam) quit her job and moved to the US with her husband-to-be and then came back and reunited with Tim (aka Jim) in the finale. I don't think they'll be shipping Jim off to Dunder-Mifflin's (imagined) London office anytime soon (though it would be kind of funny if there was an episode where Jim went to work at the London office & Ricky Gervais (the boss on the British series) became Jim's new boss. )

+ Reply to Thread