+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 135 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina View Post
    OMG did anyone watch tonights repeats? Hilarious "The More You Know" ad featuring Ryan the temp. "Don't ever videotape yourself having sex. I can't stress this enough. You say you'll erase, you think you'll erase it. But you won't and someone will find it. "
    I watched the show but didn't see the PSA. If you go to the Office page on nbc they have a number of PSAs that they did (I have the text of one in my signature at the moment). They're all pretty funny.

I loved the Dundies! But the funniest part was when Dwight tried to ban the women for using the ladies' room because they were not being very lady-like.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

So, are those PSA real, or are they just part of the joke of the show? We were watching last night and I couldn't believe what he was saying, I was really surprised! Very funny!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I think the PSA's are "fake". altho that one is certainly good advice!

Last night's episode was "new to me" as I'm a latecomer to the party. How long ago was this originally shown, and have they ever dealt with the kiss? Pam looked pretty disappointed that he didn't mention the kiss in his on camera confessional...fortunately ONE of them has some sense! But maybe he could have thrown her an off camera bone... that there was at least one other memorable event....

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I think the PSA's are "fake". altho that one is certainly good advice!

Last night's episode was "new to me" as I'm a latecomer to the party. How long ago was this originally shown, and have they ever dealt with the kiss? Pam looked pretty disappointed that he didn't mention the kiss in his on camera confessional...fortunately ONE of them has some sense! But maybe he could have thrown her an off camera bone... that there was at least one other memorable event....
    It was new to me, too. Do you mean when Pam & Jim were sitting at the bar and he was saying why the Dundies this year were good (and he didn't mention the kiss?)? I think she looked more like she was thinking uh-oh, what did I do ?, rather than being disappointed that he didn't mention it. I mean, obviously she stayed with Roy after the Dundies so...
    The PSAs/The More You Know ads were made as April Fool's Day jokes (they're even called April Fool's PSAs on the website) - I guess they're just throwing some more out there during other episodes. I can see how a viewer would be taken aback momentarily. It is good advice though.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Was last night's show a repeat? I've never seen it, but they should definitely continue to show the footage of Michael beating the crap out of Dwight, and often. Who da man? (Pacino in Raging Bull.... )

We nearly died laughing at the first part where they put Dwight's desk in the men's room... "Where's my desk?" "I don't know, maybe you should retrace your steps?" Man, do we need a Jim in our office....
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I had not seen last nights episode before, man was it funny, I loved the West Side Story references.

FORT Fogey
    yes last night was a re-run.
    i am actually curious if there are any managers in the world like michael

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    i am actually curious if there are any managers in the world like michael
    As per my own experience in the world of "work" in a variety of office environments, and for almost 30 years now, I say, "Yes." Now, some of the ones who were like him that I've encountered may not have been totally like Michael. BUT, overall, his character, as portrayed on "The Office" is a very realistic composite of some of the worst bosses/managers that I've ever had, in my worklife.

Let's put it this way: SO much of what happens on "The Office", especially where Michael and his antics are involved and a catalyst, represents scenarios that I have seen/come across in my experiences in the REAL workworld. And, one of the many reasons why I find this show to be hilarious is that the craziness, foolishness, and such that can ensue when you have an office manager/boss like Michael CAN be laughed off, in hindsight, and long after you leave it and it's over.

But, here's another significant thing about "The Office", i.e., the pathos that ensues for the workers who answer to Michael, as they do their jobs in the "real time" shown on each ep. And, apparently, as it happens so often in real life, these workers have no choice, except to deal with Michael and his crazy-a**ed "stuff", 'cause they need their jobs. That aspect of the real world of "work" is also captured SO well on this show.

So, jacobson00, while there may not be office managers exactly like Michael Scott, there are SURELY some out there in the real world who closely resemble him.

Cat

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    It was new to me, too. Do you mean when Pam & Jim were sitting at the bar and he was saying why the Dundies this year were good (and he didn't mention the kiss?)? I think she looked more like she was thinking uh-oh, what did I do ?, rather than being disappointed that he didn't mention it. I mean, obviously she stayed with Roy after the Dundies so...
    Yeah, that's what I meant, but I think she was disappointed... he's trying hard not to cross that line while she's still with Roy, but it was as if she got drunk on purpose so she could, with that as an "excuse". The point when they were laughing and he was holding her off the ground, and then a co-worker looks at them and she suddenly froze and he dropped her certainly indicated that she's aware on some level of the attraction (and he clearly is).

elk

BBC's The Office

Can anyone give me a link of where in FORT I can find the discussion about this show? I just recently saw all the episodes and really enjoyed them. The character of Tim (Jim on the US version) is excellent!

Thanks in advance!

PS, looking forward to the US epi tonight. I really love this show!
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

+ Reply to Thread