+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 135 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

Poll: Do all of you The Office lovers also love My Name is Earl? Another new comedy that really hits the mark.

I love My Name is Earl but The Office is better.
    This week's episode was one of the best-IMO.
    When he said his user name on the internet dating site littlekidlover
    -I choked on my soda!

And the puppet "Edward R Meow." Loved it!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I watched Earl first, loved it, then got lured into Office by the comments here, and catching enough snippets to wonder who Pam will end up with.

FORT Newbie
    I never watch my name is earl, the office is 100000 times better than that show, littlekidlover made me almost choke on my food, it was great!!

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    This is such a great show. I really like the fact there is no laugh track.
    All the characters are great on the show and mesh well. I really like the character who was on six feet under who the little kid called mr poo. Looking forward to the next new episode
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

For those of us who can't get enough

http://nbcumv.com/release_detail.nbc...vacationf.html

NO SUMMER VACATION FOR NBC'S 'THE OFFICE'
    Published: March 16, 2006

Series To Shoot Exclusive Webisodes For NBC.com

BURBANK, Calif. -- March 16, 2006 -- NBC's hit comedy "The Office" (Thursdays, 9:30 - 10:00pm ET) goes digital with ten, original stand-alone webisodes premiering on NBC.com this summer. The serialized arc will star the accounting staff of the Dunder Mifflin paper company in an edge-of-your-ergonomically-designed-seat whodunit.

When the Dunder Mifflin accountants -- Angela (Angela Kinsey), Kevin (Brian Baumgartner) and Oscar (Oscar Nunez) -- discover that $3000 is missing from the Scranton office, no one is above suspicion, as the crack team of numbers crunchers tries to solve the mystery before turning on each other. Rainn Wilson, Melora Hardin, Phyllis Smith, Kate Flannigan, Leslie David Baker and David Denman also star.

Since moving to Thursday nights on January 5, "The Office" has averaged a 4.5 rating, 11 share in adults 18-49 and 8.7 million viewers overall. That represents a 22 percent increase over the show's 18-49 average for Tuesday telecasts earlier this season (3.7/9 in 18-49, 7.7 million viewers overall) and an 80 percent increase over "The Office's" average for the 2004-05 season (2.5/6 in 18-49, 5.4 million viewers overall), when it also aired on Tuesday nights.

"The Office" has averaged an 88 percent retention of "Earl" so far on Thursdays, up from its 71 percent average on Tuesdays earlier this season. In the valuable adult 18-34 category, "The Office" is retaining 100 percent of its lead-in from "Earl" and has twice in recent weeks scored as NBC's #1 telecast of the week among adults 18-34.

"The Office" takes a painfully funny look at the interactions of the desk jockeys at Dunder Mifflin paper-supply company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Golden Globe winner Steve Carell ("The 40-Year-Old Virgin" -- whom E! Online said, "might be the funniest man alive,") stars as unctuous regional manager Michael Scott who hosts the documentary crew on a tour of the workplace. Jenna Fischer ("Miss Match"), John Krasinski ("Jarhead," "Kinsey"), Rainn Wilson ("Six Feet Under"), and B.J. Novak ("Punk'd") star as the employees who tolerate Michael's inappropriate behavior only because he signs their paychecks. Also starring are Melora Hardin as Jan Levinson, David Denman as Roy, Leslie David Baker as Stanley Hudson, Brian Baumgartner as Kevin Malone, Kate Flannery as Meredith Palmer, Angela Kinsey as Angela Martin, Oscar Nunez as Oscar Martinez and Phyllis Smith as Phyllis Lapin. "The Office" is executive-produced by Ben Silverman, Greg Daniels, who developed the series for American television, Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Howard Klein.

CCL
    Cool! Thanks for the heads-up daddyzgirl!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chipnreichenfan View Post
    This is such a great show. I really like the fact there is no laugh track.
    The absence of a laugh track is refreshing, and stays true to the theme that it is a documentary being filmed.

Looking forward to the webisodes this summer!

The webisodes sound cool! Thanks for the info, daddyzdirl.

In response to Harvest's poll, I happen to love "My Name is Earl"--I didn't like "The Office" at first, but having it on after "My Name is Earl" made me give it another chance (too lazy to change the channel ) but I'm so glad it did, because I now love this show.

For me, it's just one fantastic hour of television comedy each week.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by chipnreichenfan View Post
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge
    OT: Those lyrics actually from a very lovely Nat King Cole song called Nature Boy. If you have iTunes of some other way to get it, check it out! You might love it as much or more than the Moulin Rouge version

FORT Newbie

New to this topic, so howdy all!

It took me a while to warm up to the american version of the office, I really love the british one. This version is laugh out loud funny though, and i'm a dedicated viewer now!

+ Reply to Thread