+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 135 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

CCL
    What crazy fairtyle book was Dwight reading from last night? I've got to get myself a copy.
    Nice touch of pathos at the end, with Michael feeling the effects of seeing his younger self on tv and then deciding to join a dating site and making his name something about liking kids (oh dear). Can you imagine Michael on a dating site? I think the boss character on the original BBC show joined a dating site, too, as I recall.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey
    oh my god, i completely forgot about the show last night. i was saying to myseft there must something i need to watch but couldn't remember what it was.
    Damn!

Michael Scott's internet dating handle: LittleKidLover...so they know he wants kids someday!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

The most hilarious moment (of several) from last night's ep:

Dwight and Michael singing "Teach Your Children"... ...

Cat

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina View Post
    Michael Scott's internet dating handle: LittleKidLover...so they know he wants kids someday!
    He'll be lucky if the L&O:SVU isn't pounding on his door next week!

FORT Fogey
    will there be re-runs?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    He'll be lucky if the L&O:SVU isn't pounding on his door next week!
    That's be a great crossover. Too bad Dunder-Mifflin is out of SVU's jurisdiction.

Last night's episode was the funniest since The Injury. I during Stanley's shouting at Ryan ("Boy, have you lost your mind?! I'll help you find it!!")

I was starting to feel bad for Michael, but when he chose that screen name...

On that tape of the TV show, what did Michael say he wanted to do when he was older? I loved the puppet's "reaction", though!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade View Post
    On that tape of the TV show, what did Michael say he wanted to do when he was older? I loved the puppet's "reaction", though!
    He said he wants to get married and have 100 children so that he would never be without friends again. Then the puppet just was silent.

All in all it was a great episode. SO many awkward moments. I pulled a spit take with the whole "littlekidlover" screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedONE View Post
    He said he wants to get married and have 100 children so that he would never be without friends again. Then the puppet just was silent.

All in all it was a great episode. SO many awkward moments. I pulled a spit take with the whole "littlekidlover" screen name.
    I wonder if there was a guest appearance by a Greg the Bunny puppeteer. It sure looked like the expressions on their puppets' faces. Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    What crazy fairtyle book was Dwight reading from last night? I've got to get myself a copy.
    Nice touch of pathos at the end, with Michael feeling the effects of seeing his younger self on tv and then deciding to join a dating site and making his name something about liking kids (oh dear). Can you imagine Michael on a dating site? I think the boss character on the original BBC show joined a dating site, too, as I recall.
    I love your use of the word "pathos." That nails it. I think where the American version is surpassing the British is in the way they always manage to add the pathos so we are not just stuck laughing at how pathetic they are. The show takes it to that higher level, every episode.

Hey, if the people making this show are reading, kudos! I think they should all be pleased as punch that Dwight has made it to avatar status, too

Poll: Do all of you The Office lovers also love My Name is Earl? Another new comedy that really hits the mark.

+ Reply to Thread