+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 135 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1350

Thread: The Office on NBC

  1. #181
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,546
    What crazy fairtyle book was Dwight reading from last night? I've got to get myself a copy.
    Nice touch of pathos at the end, with Michael feeling the effects of seeing his younger self on tv and then deciding to join a dating site and making his name something about liking kids (oh dear). Can you imagine Michael on a dating site? I think the boss character on the original BBC show joined a dating site, too, as I recall.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  2. #182
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    oh my god, i completely forgot about the show last night. i was saying to myseft there must something i need to watch but couldn't remember what it was.
    Damn!

  3. #183
    Can They Do It?? mrdobolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Miami of Canada
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,254
    Michael Scott's internet dating handle: LittleKidLover...so they know he wants kids someday!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

    It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

  4. #184
    FORT Fanatic catwoman1955's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    422
    The most hilarious moment (of several) from last night's ep:

    Dwight and Michael singing "Teach Your Children"... ...


    Cat

  5. #185
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,964
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina View Post
    Michael Scott's internet dating handle: LittleKidLover...so they know he wants kids someday!
    He'll be lucky if the L&O:SVU isn't pounding on his door next week!

  6. #186
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    will there be re-runs?

  7. #187
    clap clap clap sleepysluggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    in oblivion
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    He'll be lucky if the L&O:SVU isn't pounding on his door next week!
    That's be a great crossover. Too bad Dunder-Mifflin is out of SVU's jurisdiction.

    Last night's episode was the funniest since The Injury. I during Stanley's shouting at Ryan ("Boy, have you lost your mind?! I'll help you find it!!")

    I was starting to feel bad for Michael, but when he chose that screen name...

  8. #188
    Pretzel Habitant Rusicade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Age
    22
    Posts
    311
    On that tape of the TV show, what did Michael say he wanted to do when he was older? I loved the puppet's "reaction", though!

  9. #189
    Lost Person ConfusedONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Whittier, CA and North Chicago, IL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade View Post
    On that tape of the TV show, what did Michael say he wanted to do when he was older? I loved the puppet's "reaction", though!
    He said he wants to get married and have 100 children so that he would never be without friends again. Then the puppet just was silent.

    All in all it was a great episode. SO many awkward moments. I pulled a spit take with the whole "littlekidlover" screen name.

  10. #190
    FORT Fogey Harvest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California Wine Country. Cheers!
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedONE View Post
    He said he wants to get married and have 100 children so that he would never be without friends again. Then the puppet just was silent.

    All in all it was a great episode. SO many awkward moments. I pulled a spit take with the whole "littlekidlover" screen name.
    I wonder if there was a guest appearance by a Greg the Bunny puppeteer. It sure looked like the expressions on their puppets' faces. Priceless!

    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    What crazy fairtyle book was Dwight reading from last night? I've got to get myself a copy.
    Nice touch of pathos at the end, with Michael feeling the effects of seeing his younger self on tv and then deciding to join a dating site and making his name something about liking kids (oh dear). Can you imagine Michael on a dating site? I think the boss character on the original BBC show joined a dating site, too, as I recall.
    I love your use of the word "pathos." That nails it. I think where the American version is surpassing the British is in the way they always manage to add the pathos so we are not just stuck laughing at how pathetic they are. The show takes it to that higher level, every episode.

    Hey, if the people making this show are reading, kudos! I think they should all be pleased as punch that Dwight has made it to avatar status, too

    Poll: Do all of you The Office lovers also love My Name is Earl? Another new comedy that really hits the mark.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.