+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 135 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

Just watched my tape today...last night's show was hilarious.

"Pam - stop public interrupting"

I'm so glad that new episodes are back.

For those who watched last night: who else noticed the picture of Jan hanging in Michael's cabinet when he showed off his awards? I had to rewind it to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

I watched it late. Trying to listen to both Michael and Dwights speeches was, well TRYING. I think that Jim really won't go on vacation. He may pretend to, but then sneak over to the church to see if Pam really does go through with it. And then return to work with no tan, no photos, no souvenirs, nada.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl View Post
    Just watched my tape today...last night's show was hilarious.

"Pam - stop public interrupting"
    Oh, yeah! ...

Where do I begin? Of course, there were Michael's antics, as he continues to be deluded by his "grandeur", is a "legend is his own mind", as well as how he feels that the employees that he supervises are his friends (on the one hand), while on the other hand, Michael sees himself as someone who is superior to them all, has his superiority under control (as well as control of his subordinates), and, overall, seriously feels that he's got skills in that area, as well as other related ones, despite the fact that his employees can't stand him (except for Dwight)...LOL!

But, during this particular ep, Dwight, his daunting task of appearing before other salespersons after getting that top sales award & giving a speech, his nervousness + Michael's half-assed "encourgement"/teaching (using the team), and (in the end) Dwight's apparent "success" with that crowd vs. Michael's "warm-up" failure (after Dwight's initial "freeze"...) was the center of the hilarity for ME...... The "icing on the cake", though, was how Jim "came through" for Dwight - "coaching" him with that BS story about how he (Jim) majored in public speaking in college, and, then, giving Dwight those, uh, "pointers"...LOL!

I only saw a couple of eps of this show last season. But, once I came back, sometime after the beginning of the current season of "The Office", I've noticed that, episode after episode, this show just gets better and better.

Wow...Here's an example of a relatively new sitcom that is actually smart AND funny! Believe me, that is a rare atribute, which only a few of today's sitcoms have, these days. Anyway, I love it!

Cat

Assistant Regional Mngr. Dwight_Schrute's Avatar
    I may be completely wrong on this, but, it seemed that when Jim initially called the Travel Agency he didnt dial any numbers - i.e he picked up the phone and started talking. To refresh your memory, Pam was talking to her mother about the orange invitations - Jim and Pam caught each others eyes - awkward pause - Jim picks up phone and starts talking to the travel agent. In other words, the whole trip might have been made up.

Anybody else notice this, or am I just making it up?

My LOL moment (one of them) was in the beginning when they were passing the football around and Dwight started tackling people really HARD, knocking them down, taking the inter-office game way too seriously, and Michael even made an expression at Dwight's over-zealousness.

I agree that Jim's fake coaching of Dwight's public speaking skills was really a good set-up, but the sales crowd LOVED the speech. Michael dripping sweat after working the "hard" crowd was funny too. Kinda felt bad for him there, but he spun it at the end: I'm the guy who can (captivate? entertain?) the guy who entertained 10,000? Sorry, I probably wrecked his quote but that's close...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight_Schrute View Post
    I may be completely wrong on this, but, it seemed that when Jim initially called the Travel Agency he didnt dial any numbers - i.e he picked up the phone and started talking....Anybody else notice this, or am I just making it up?
    You may be right, Dwight! (that rhymes) I didn't catch it but it's definitely possible.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    You may be right, Dwight! (that rhymes) I didn't catch it but it's definitely possible.
    Because Dwight mentioned this I watched this point really closely and replayed it when I watched my tape tonight. You can't really see, but it looks really fast, unless there is an office travel agency or he had it on speed dial ( and why would he since he never travels apparently). On the other hand he did say in his confessional that he was going to do it. No reason to lie there. Of course we didn't see him "confess" that he'd actually DONE it. Here's hoping he pulls a Graduate scene and they take off for Australia together... of course she wouldn't have a ticket unless he really took a flyer in advance.

I really don't think that Jim's plan will go through.

Sadly, this week's episode is a repeat. Fortunately it's "Diversity Day," one of the best episodes from Season One.

Assistant Regional Mngr. Dwight_Schrute's Avatar
    Thanks for the backup PWS, glad to see that i was not seeing things.

+ Reply to Thread