+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 135 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Poor Pam not getting anything for Valentine's Day.
    Remember...she was getting something REALLY good when she got home.

When Jan kissed Micheal what the heck was that...?

Last night's show had so many sad & bittersweet moments...no Valentine's gift for Pam, Ryan blowing off Kelly, Michael taking one on the chin for Jan in front of the CFO - then her kissing him, and then his little happy dance at the end...not so many funnies as usual, though I did love Michael's Scranton branch video and the Dwight bobblehead - that was a sweet V-day gift.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Yeah, she looked thrilled at that prospect.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

This certainly wasn't the funniest episode of the season (that title still belong to The Injury), but this definitely had its highlights:

- The Dwight bobblehead!!!! I want one!
    - Michael referring to Sbarro as the best pizza place in NYC
    - The cards on Phyllis' many gifts: Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
    - Michael's corny video, which just screamed disaster for his entire presentation... until he pulled out the financial reports.
    - Dwight and Angela's interactions were, well, cute.

Lowlights:
    - Pam. It was everything- her hair, the tension between her and Jim, her disappointment in not getting anything for Valentine's Day, Roy

Now we have to wait until March for a new episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    I cannot imagine what she sees in that fat loser. I think the show needs to explain that better. The way she threw away her chance at moving up the corporate ladder hints at very low self-esteem or some other problem, but they need to address it.

I completely agree with Harvest. Something is definitely up (or down) with Pam in the fact that a) she's dating a fat loser and b) she has no intention whatsoever in honing her drawing skills with the company's support. My heart goes out for her sad little situation. I would just love for her to start dating Jim, pursuing her passion for drawing, and LETTING DOWN HER ******* HAIR!!!!

edited to remove inappropriate language for our site.
    Last edited by fluff; 02-11-2006 at 08:56 AM.

Only been watching a few weeks, but here is my take on Pam. I think there is something happening with Pam.... like maybe she is starting to realize that there's something more there with Jim than she understood before. Her breakdown two weeks ago (crying) when she realized 1. she was not supported by fiance' in pursuing her drawing abilities and 2 she would never have a house with a terrace because they probably don't make them in Scranton was sad - watching her accept that her *dreams* need to die ... was really sad because she's not really expecting much out of life. I think that explains her fiance' - she's just not expecting much. But she really seems to have a FRIENDSHIP with Jim and that seems to be growing .... when she left him all those messages on his voicemail, she missed him the week Michael was sitting at Jim's desk because of the *package* left in his office, and then the closing scene of the Valentine's special. Jim was going out the door and she was just watching him go like she wanted to say something ... I believe she is realizing something about life with fiance' (warehouse boy) versus life with JIM (a real friend). That's my psychoanalysis of Pam I like her. I hope they get together and I hope they are very happy! (I know. It's just a show...)

So was that a key to his apt. that Dwight gave Angela?

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    So was that a key to his apt. that Dwight gave Angela?
    I think so.

I don't really think there's anything with Roy. He's cute enough and he's not really fat (more solid than anything). He seems like a nice enough guy if the type of man who likes to go out for drinks with the boys and then home to wifey and the kids. Might not be an ideal mate, but it's not like he's a social pariah who beats her or something. What exactly are his crimes? He didn't get Pam anything for Valentine's Day but then she told him not to do anything big. He didn't support her drawing because he thought it was an unrealistic dream & didn't want her to waste time pursuing it. Not the most supportive move, but understandable (if not likeable). He grew up in Scranton with a certain way of life and expects to live that life. Pam grew up in that way of life, too, but the knowledge seems to be dawning on her that she could have something different, something more. But she does seem to have low self esteem so I don't know that she would (could?) put her dreams into action. I think the whole Pam/Roy relationship was better explained in the British show in that the class structure is such a pervading social construct in the UK. A lot is made out of what class you were born into, and you are "expected" to stay within your class boundaries (though there is some movement, of course). So it made sense why Dawn (the British version of Pam) stayed with her fiancee for so long. Whereas in the US it is all about the American dream, and striving to better oneself, so it makes it more difficult for the audience to buy Pam staying with a ho-hum man & life as if that is her unbreakable assigned role in life.
    Last edited by CCL; 02-11-2006 at 08:46 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

yeah, very good insights CCL.

+ Reply to Thread