+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3383123124125126127128129130131132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1350

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

I figure it has to be Will Arnett because he's the only one in the right spot career-wise. Gervaise has said he'd never do The Office again, Jim Carrey and Will Farrell have huge money-making movies. Will Arnett has been in movies but he's not the star attraction.

I would love it if he played his exact character from Arrested Development.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fanatic

I am hoping it is someone relatively new to the viewing public. Everyone else seems to be so well known and style wise it would be good to watch the character develop, rather than putting a known commodity in The Office.

That is the thing about The Office that I like best, the growth of characters. This isnt The Simpsons, where everyone remains the same through animation, this is suppose to be real life where people grow and learn from their mistakes. Pam isnt the same because she isnt the niave little girl she was at the beginning, now she is a wife and mother. Micheal grew and found love instead of settling. Jim is learning that everything in life is not a joke. Etc...

Of the actors and actresses coming in over the next few episodes the only one who I reasonably would consider is Will Arnett (but I know he has a potential new series next season). I do not want Will Ferrell, Jim Carey, and definitely not Ray Ramano(!) to "replace" Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I figure it has to be Will Arnett because he's the only one in the right spot career-wise. Gervaise has said he'd never do The Office again, Jim Carrey and Will Farrell have huge money-making movies. Will Arnett has been in movies but he's not the star attraction.

I would love it if he played his exact character from Arrested Development.
    OMG, GOB as the boss would be hilarious! I think Will Arnett would be a good fit as well.

Last nights episode was great. I was in tears by the end of it though. It was sad seeing Michael leave. The show will never be the same and hopefully it will continue on for more than just one more season.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I loved last night's episode. It reminded me of the earlier shows before Michael Scott became over-the-top. Very sweet goodbye. I bet the tears were real.

One thing though that I have to point out...Pam would not have gotten through security w/o a ticket to say goodbye...maybe she bought a dummy ticket....just sayin'.
    to all--I even said to my sig. other when we watched, that yeah, she'd taken off her shoes, but you have to show a ticket! Of course the TV crew seemed to be watching Michael put his shoes back on as if they were on the other side of security also....

But did bring tears to the eyes. And I"m really not liking the new boss...Andy's appalled look... OK that was funny, but only as a one time thing.

FORT Fanatic

I can't imagine that Will Farrell's character will remain on the show since he is acting so crazy. Why hasn't Gabe reported the man's erratic behavior to the woman who owns the company?

My favorite part of this episode was Michael telling the camera crew to drop him a line if this "thing" ever aired. I mean they've been following them around with cameras for 7(?) years and it's never made it air? Who's paying for the camera crew anyway?

The British version of The Office actually had their documentary make it to air with hilarious results for Ricky Gervaise's character.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by yardgnome View Post
    omg, gob as the boss would be hilarious! i think will arnett would be a good fit as well.

Last nights episode was great. I was in tears by the end of it though. It was sad seeing michael leave. The show will never be the same and hopefully it will continue on for more than just one more season.
    gob??? That's supposed to be in caps, as above, but for some reason the system won't let me do that. Maybe it thinks I am "shouting", and that violates FORT policy?

What was that finale!? I feel like it fell flat. I didn't expect it to be amazing, but I certainly wasn't expecting that. It certainly did have its moments and I do like how the big name guest stars were not over utilized. I guess I was just hoping that we would know something more than we do.

I am curious to see how long it takes Angela to find out about her Senator.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

When exactly did Spader turn into Walken? As a die hard fan of sex, lies, and videotape that seriously disturbed me. I was okay with the finale. I figure they've got one more season with some new "wacky" boss, and I kinda hope it will be Kelly.

+ Reply to Thread