+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3282122123124125126127128129130131132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1350

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I watched a rerun of The Office (from this season) last night and OMG it was AWFUL!!! Please someone explain to me how Pam became so bossy. I used to love this show and still watch the reruns, but I just have to reiterate...it's TERRIBLE. I can't quite put my finger on it or why. Am I the only one who feels this way? If not, any ideas on what happened?
    She was promoted to Office Administrator

My co-worker has a theory that Deangleo is the actual Scranton Strangler!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by lonevoice View Post
    You know, I just realized what's wrong with this show--and has been for the last couple of seasons.

The writers have COMPLETELY lost touch with what it is to work in an office. When I first fell in love with The Office on NBC, it was when I was working in an extremely dysfunctional office setting. My boss wasn't as bad as Michael Scott, but I could see some similarities in their poor management styles. I didn't have a Kevin, Phyllis, or dear Lord, Creed for coworkers, but my coworkers had their own quirks.

Episodes like Office Olympics and Christmas Party are based on classic real-life office experiences. Even episodes like The Convention and The Coup are reminiscent of things you might hear in real-life office-worker anecdotes.

But now the series seems to be more about office life in the fictional setting of The Office, rather than comedic glimpses of actual office absurdities.

Telling stories based on ideas from an "office" of sitcom writers who are completely separated from the reality of the masses results in incomprehensible and off-putting episodes like Murder. The writers need to spend some time in the field. Hear some stories from real office workers and go back to the brilliance that made the series great in the beginning.
    Very good observation and now that I think about it, I think you're exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    My co-worker has a theory that Deangleo is the actual Scranton Strangler!

I've seen this show off and on, and have to say they're taking a risk replacing Steve Carrell with Will Ferrell. The latter can do comedy, but he's going to have to keep it reigned in on this show or it will ruin its concept long term.

Will say this much, at least they're easing this transition instead of just dropping it in people's laps.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison_2008 View Post
    Toby (who did jury duty on the case) did say he thought the guy was not guilty!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fanatic

But will Will Farrell actually be the real replacement? Next week they are bringing in several other people with the idea that one of THEM might be the actual replacement. The show could be doing a bait and switch on viewers.

I didn't think Farrell was uniformly good last week. I would be surprised if a guy who makes so many movies would commit himself to a weekly series when he can get millions doing one movie. Seems like something of a come-down for him.

FORT Fanatic

I loved last night's episode. It reminded me of the earlier shows before Michael Scott became over-the-top. Very sweet goodbye. I bet the tears were real.

One thing though that I have to point out...Pam would not have gotten through security w/o a ticket to say goodbye...maybe she bought a dummy ticket....just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Toby (who did jury duty on the case) did say he thought the guy was not guilty!
    that's right.. I was actually laughing cause I think that would be a funny twist, not laughing at the theory

I loved it too... I loved how Jim figured out what was really going on and the scene w/ him and Michael at the end and the last minute at the airport had me nearly in tears..

Me and my hubby were trying to decide who we would most want to replace him and nobody will every really replace him but we both think Jim Carrey would be pretty funny in this forum... I'd like Ricky Gervaise too, the original Michael - he was great in the role!

+ Reply to Thread