+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3181121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1350

Thread: The Office on NBC

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Office on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk View Post
    Me too! My eyes leaked more than a little though. I'm going to miss Michael.
    I'll miss the Michael from 4-5 seasons ago. The Michael was last season and early this season...not so much.

FORT Fanatic

I watched a rerun of The Office (from this season) last night and OMG it was AWFUL!!! Please someone explain to me how Pam became so bossy. I used to love this show and still watch the reruns, but I just have to reiterate...it's TERRIBLE. I can't quite put my finger on it or why. Am I the only one who feels this way? If not, any ideas on what happened?

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I'm watching the office and am wondering... is Will Farrell going to replace Steve Carrell? Or is this just a guest spot thing? Does anyone know?

It
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is just a few episode guest spot.

FORT Fanatic

I'm not reading any spoilers. I don't see Will Farrell staying - he can get too much money making movies.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I'm watching the office and am wondering... is Will Farrell going to replace Steve Carrell? Or is this just a guest spot thing? Does anyone know?
    I didn't care for the episode and didn't care much for him on the show.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fanatic

I thought the best part was when Deangelo dissed Pam and Jim's baby. I'm sooooooo sick of how the writers have made Jim and Pam a stepford couple. They used to be really funny. Not so much anymore.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    It
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is just a few episode guest spot.
    Thanks for the spoiler! I was wondering.

FORT Fanatic

WOW I didn't think this season could get any worse....I was wrong!!!

You know, I just realized what's wrong with this show--and has been for the last couple of seasons.

The writers have COMPLETELY lost touch with what it is to work in an office. When I first fell in love with The Office on NBC, it was when I was working in an extremely dysfunctional office setting. My boss wasn't as bad as Michael Scott, but I could see some similarities in their poor management styles. I didn't have a Kevin, Phyllis, or dear Lord, Creed for coworkers, but my coworkers had their own quirks.

Episodes like Office Olympics and Christmas Party are based on classic real-life office experiences. Even episodes like The Convention and The Coup are reminiscent of things you might hear in real-life office-worker anecdotes.

But now the series seems to be more about office life in the fictional setting of The Office, rather than comedic glimpses of actual office absurdities.

Telling stories based on ideas from an "office" of sitcom writers who are completely separated from the reality of the masses results in incomprehensible and off-putting episodes like Murder. The writers need to spend some time in the field. Hear some stories from real office workers and go back to the brilliance that made the series great in the beginning.

+ Reply to Thread