+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

My opinion has really turned around on this show. I decided to give it another go recently--around the same time as you, CCL & NiceShoes, during the "Foreman Grill Incident" --and I was rolling in laughter!

It's really won me over, and I'm not sure if it's due to my finally letting go of my attachment to the original version or it's truly improved, but at any rate, I'm glad I gave it a second chance.

I love that's it's bundled nicely with "My Name is Earl" for a great hour of comedy on Thursdays.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

CCL
    This show is laugh out loud funny. The mess Michael got himself into when he took the office men to the warehouse and somehow managed to encourage the warehouse workers to unionize. And when his assistant (name?) compared the office workers meeting the warehouse workers to the plane crash survivors on Lost meeting the Others - timely reference, indeed. Like Snowy, my fond memories of the British show held me back from watching at first. But I'm glad I've started watching it now.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Can't remember the last time I laughed so much at a half-hour comedy program..."collar-blind" Brilliant show.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    By the time Michael was done "helping," the warehouse was completely trashed! Weren't the office people unloading a pallet that had just been loaded onto a truck by the warehouse people before they got there? lol. I loved when the foreman told Michael, "This isn't over."

Favorite quote: "Pizza is the great equalizer."
    Yeah, looked real eqaulized by the time the white-collars left the warehouse...

FORT Fanatic
    I have never seen this show, but I am going to start watching it. It is doing better in the ratings, since it switched nights. And it was just picked up for another season. I think it may do a "cheers" its hard to believe that "cheers" was like 98th in the ratings for the first few years, but the network stuck with it.

On side note, I saw the first episode of "cheers" in syndication and its hard to believe that it didn't have much appeal to begin with.
    Last edited by jman79; 02-03-2006 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Can't remember the last time I laughed so much at a half-hour comedy program..."collar-blind" Brilliant show.
    That was one of my favorite lines from last night too! That and "The Others" reference. It's refreshing when a network is confident enough to reference a show on another network. I've watched a show, don't remember which, that mentioned Desparate Housewives, and it was a different network.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by jman79 View Post
    I have never seen this show, but I am going to start watching it. It is doing better in the ratings, since it switched nights. And it was just picked up for another season. I think it may do a "cheers" its hard to believe that "cheers" was like 98th in the ratings for the first few years, but the network stuck with it.

On side note, I saw the first episode of "cheers" in syndication and its hard to believe that it didn't have much appeal to begin with.
    The same thing with Seinfeld. It didn't click until a few seasons in.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    My opinion has really turned around on this show. I decided to give it another go recently--around the same time as you, CCL & NiceShoes, during the "Foreman Grill Incident" --and I was rolling in laughter!
    I'm so glad it's won you over, Snowy! I think this show is just getting funnier as it goes along. As for this past episode, I love how the chalkboard with the employees' info and the "do not erase" part got erased! I also love Dwight's reference to "Lost." I've never even watched "Lost" and I cracked up. The whole thing with Pam not considering the internship and then breaking down made me sad.

FORT Fan
    I love this show. Most recent episode was humorous. I liked when Roy and Jim had their chat re: Roy being OK that Jim "used to" have a crush on Pam. Roy says, "I like that she has a friend at work to talk to so she's not all bah-bah-bah when she gets home." Jim responded softly, "Yeah, I like talking to her too" which Roy didn't even catch, lol. I admit that after I watch this show the first time, I watch it again (which I usually never do) to see the funny parts again and maybe catch some things I missed the first time. I hope the show stays this funny!

+ Reply to Thread