+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

How about when she breast fed the wrong baby??? I thought the show was great!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Dusting off this thread to comment about last week's episode and ask a clarifying question...

Click to see Spoiler:
    If they bring Holly back, would it really be okay for Michael. I though that last time we saw her, she was engaged, which would mean that she is probably married by now. I don't see how that would help Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3911811;
    Dusting off this thread to comment about last week's episode and ask a clarifying question...

Click to see Spoiler:
    If they bring Holly back, would it really be okay for Michael. I though that last time we saw her, she was engaged, which would mean that she is probably married by now. I don't see how that would help Michael.
    Nothing is certain....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I read where the original creator went over to "Parks and Recreation" and the guy who plays Toby, Paul Lieberstein, took over The Office. Maybe that explains why Parks and Rec was hysterical this past season.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

That's funny because I found myself liking Parks & Rec for holding back and not doing what the Office would have done. Like for example, when Leslie knew one of her friends was going to propose on TV to another friend during an all night charity pledge drive, she manages to swallow her pride and stop him before he does. Michael would have let it happen and we would have seen the whole embarrassing, awkward and uncomfortable moment. P&R would build up these situations but then let Leslie Knopf act like a human being instead of going over the top like the Office.

They're similar in the way they're shot, but otherwise not very similar. I really enjoyed P&R over the Office this year.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fan

Just read that this upcoming season will be the last for Steve Carrell. I wonder, if they choose to continue the series, how well it will do. It is an ensemble cast, and each character is crucial, but his is so dominant I don't know if the rest can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3960979;
    I really enjoyed P&R over the Office this year.
    As did I. I thought they went a little awry the first season in making Leslie a loser. They turned it around this season by portraying her as somewhat off-beat, but also accomplished, knowledgeable and passionate (first shown in the hilarious hunting episode early in the season). I find that less painful to watch than Michael Scott's bumbling boob which, all else being equal, makes the show a greater pleasure.

In fact, in the Thursday night comedy lineup, The Office is now my least favourite show. Still watch it though .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fanatic

I think they need to dial down Dwight on this show because he is such a strong character. Pam and Jim have had a surprlus of air-time with the baby. Angela, Kelly, and the guy who was formerly the intern (can't recall his character's name) are all strong characters also, and a little of them goes a long way.

I would love to see more of the background characters like Darryl, Stanley, Phyllis, Meredith, Creed, etc. brought to the front, especially if it's the last season.

Maybe it's time to end the show when Steve Carrell leaves.

Dwight's character has gone over the top in the past couple of seasons, hasn't it? I liked the Gareth Keenan character in the British version -- a self-important toady, but not psycho.

I also saw somewhere that the guy who plays Creed is actually named Creed and he was in The Grass Roots.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I just watched last nights episodes and the smile on Creed's face at the end after he did his perfect cartwheel was so genuine and perfect I melted my little heart. He looked like a little kid, it was just so cute!

+ Reply to Thread