+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3749854;
    WOW, no replies from last night's show...does anyone watch this show anymore?
    Sorry- I am backed up and still haven't seen last weeks episode.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

They're trying to get back to the "old" Office, it just isn't working. Well, unless you count the showdown from the last 30 seconds of the episode. That was kind of funny. Kind of.

I thought the scene from this week's episode with Creed was hilarious. It was great how he came in late and was told there was a murder and he ran back out to his car. I love Creed. I really wish they would show more of some of the minor characters. I also really like the idea of Andy and the new receptionist getting together.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I just watched it online and I actually liked this episode. I thought the beginning, with Dwight fighting himself, and the stand off at the end were really funny.

We just watched it online. Some mild chuckles... but nothing earth-shattering. Hope Andy gets together with the receptionist soon.

FORT Fanatic

I thought the murder sequence was way too long - I got impatient with it. Andy had a great accent. I have no idea if it was a 'true' Savannah accent, but it sounded much better than anyone else's.

I wish they would feature the minor characters more. We already get a lot of Jim, Pam, Michael, and Dwight.

I hate to say this, but maybe this show is running out of ideas. I understand the British are much more cut and dried about their TV shows and their durations. The British "The Office" (which I never saw) didn't run that long, yet people remember it fondly.

I enjoyed it much more because it did not heavily feature Pam and Jim being married or having a baby or anything related to those things.

I really liked the beginning part where Dwight was fighting himself with such earnest was perfect.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3750412;
    I thought the murder sequence was way too long - I got impatient with it. Andy had a great accent. I have no idea if it was a 'true' Savannah accent, but it sounded much better than anyone else's.

I wish they would feature the minor characters more. We already get a lot of Jim, Pam, Michael, and Dwight.

I hate to say this, but maybe this show is running out of ideas. I understand the British are much more cut and dried about their TV shows and their durations. The British "The Office" (which I never saw) didn't run that long, yet people remember it fondly.
    The British version is on Adult Swim - Cartoon Network - on Friday nights. I wouldn't watch it with the kiddies in the room - it's really raunchy, but Ricky Gervais is really good.

CCL

I think they show the minor characters just enough - if I had more dollops of Creed, for example, I would tire of him. Less is more. Like when they focused on Stanley a while back, when he was in disputes with Michael, and then trying to get a raise by threatening to move branches, that turned me right off of him (Stanley).
    I don't get what is going on with the business. One week they're all on about how the Dunder Mifflin branch is going gangbusters and the company is okay with shelling out more money to hire Jim on as a co-manager; a couple of weeks later and they're on the brink of bankruptcy.
    Loving Erin.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3750885;
    I think they show the minor characters just enough - if I had more dollops of Creed, for example, I would tire of him. Less is more. Like when they focused on Stanley a while back, when he was in disputes with Michael, and then trying to get a raise by threatening to move branches, that turned me right off of him (Stanley).
    I don't get what is going on with the business. One week they're all on about how the Dunder Mifflin branch is going gangbusters and the company is okay with shelling out more money to hire Jim on as a co-manager; a couple of weeks later and they're on the brink of bankruptcy.
    Loving Erin.
    I was a little confused about this as well. But I'm guessing that it's just the Scranton branch who is doing really well with sales and that the other branches and corporate are doing poorly.

+ Reply to Thread