+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

I wish there was more balance too. I'm so sick of Pam and Jim and the baby and said baby isn't even here yet. I personally chuckelled over "book face" though.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3740402;
    For me, the conflict is that they're not merely married co-workers. Jim is Pam's boss. There was already a problem when Jim and Michael had to decide if some of the employees would get a raise while others didn't and Jim wanted sales to get it. The other staff complained because Pam was part of sales and they thought he was showing favoritism. Being her boss can cause all kinds of issues in the workplace. And the way Pam talked to Michael at work because he was dating her mother was not cool. Her attitude could have been emboldened because Jim was co-manager. But all that being said, I know it's just a show and not real life. No way could I ever put up with someone like Michael every day .

Wha??? You wouldn't want Michael as your step-daddy?

The one thing that pulled my heart strings in that episode was how Michael asked why he shouldn't be allowed to date someone - and why he should not be allowed some happiness. While in the big picture it's a bad idea, it is kind of sad to see it from Michael's perspective. He asked, "what's so wrong with me?" I took pause at that, I mean he seems to have a good heart - it made me feel bad for him, although I was still thinking - dude, stay away from my mom!

I have to agree - Pam's yelling for an entire episode wasn't the least bit entertaining or funny.

As for jumping the shark....yeah. Maybe we need more Dwight. A spin-off, maybe?

And Book Face??? Hilarious!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The problem is... Jim and Pam are too real.... and everyone else still isn't.

I missed bookface.. or I've forgotten..what are you all talking about?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3741904;
    I missed bookface.. or I've forgotten..what are you all talking about?
    For his Halloween "costume" Jim wrote the word "book" on his face. He was supposed to be "Facebook" but Michael said he was book-face.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3741926;
    For his Halloween "costume" Jim wrote the word "book" on his face. He was supposed to be "Facebook" but Michael said he was book-face.
    Ah, now I recall that... I missed what Jim said and didn't get it.

It probably didn't help that they had one on HIMYM this week, but the hit at the end struck me as a really, really weak rip off of Slap Bet. Without the bet.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 11-05-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Loved the Double Date episode. Dwight and Andy are the best!

Lately Michael has been making me cringe too much. Not in a "this is funny" kind of way. He's just very painful to watch.

FORT Fan

I think one of the main reasons I liked last Thursday's (11/5) episode was because they had Jim and Pam interact with other people the whole episode. I really wish there was more screen time for Creed, he's definitely one of my favorites.

FORT Fanatic

WOW, no replies from last night's show...does anyone watch this show anymore?

+ Reply to Thread