+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Office on NBC

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Office on NBC

Not to introduce a note of reality (although Pam and Jim are presented as the most "real" people in the office), but would Pam and Jim want Jim to be bringing in less money just as a baby is on the way? I guess I see P & J as traditional in that P will have major child care responsibility....and she's a new saleswoman...would they really have Jim step down? But I agree it's a problem... I'm surprised Toby hasn't brought it up yet... although they have said Toby has kind of given up....

FORT Fanatic

How could corporate possibly think that Michael and Jim could somehow be equal co-managers of the branch? But it opens up some new ideas for the show, I guess.

Jim always seems so laid-back. I realize he did apply for a job in New York and didn't get it, but stilll...

FORT Fanatic

What has happened to this show? It's awful. Did they change writers??? Gees, talk about jump the shark.

I wasn't happy with how Pam was behaving last night either. It was kind of ridiculous.

It just ran on and on and on. 21 minutes of a Pam Beesly hissy fit doesn't exactly make for thrilling tv.

Remember when a 30 minute sitcom meant 24 minutes of tv and not 20-21?

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3734876;
    I wasn't happy with how Pam was behaving last night either. It was kind of ridiculous.
    I agree.

Regarding Jim earning less money...how do we know he is earning less money in his new job? I guess he's not getting commission anymore for selling paper, but he probably got a raise when he was promoted to manager. I don't recall hearing them say (or implying) that he would be earning less money...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3734876;
    I couldn't stand this whole episode. While I can't blame Pam for not wanting her mother to be with Michael, she was way too over the top. If her behavior is going to be more of that, I might have to say goodbye to this show. I miss the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by lori19;3735113;
    I couldn't stand this whole episode. While I can't blame Pam for not wanting her mother to be with Michael, she was way too over the top. If her behavior is going to be more of that, I might have to say goodbye to this show. I miss the old days.
    I am going to give Pam a hall pass for this episode- she is pregnant and Michael is sleeping with her mom. Very dangerous combination. However, if they continue with cranky Pam all season, I have other shows to watch
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I just loved the whole Dwight subplot, it was so funny when he got his "bugging" pen at the end of the show. Listening to Jim talk about paper for 8 hours should be fascinating.

There were two background shots I loved last episode, Creed's crying while Jim played the opera music and Stanley's big smile when Pam was chanting "No more meetings!"

Sometimes the background scenes are what make the show.

+ Reply to Thread