+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Office on NBC

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Office on NBC

Count me among those relieved to see Charles gone. He was way too much like a former supervisor of MY boss who told us he had an 'open door' policy. First person who took advantage of that, he threw them out of the office.

He left after about 11 months - got a promotion. Unbelievable.

I think the Office is back on track!! I agree the past few weeks had just been eh, but last night was great. I loved it when Charles realized that Dwight was crazy & Jim kept pushing Dwight! Also loved when Jim when down to MSPC & was telling them about the offer & Michael tried to talk, but Jim cut him off!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

FORT Fanatic

Thursday night comedy is back! Wow, I was seriously considering dropping The Office off my TiVo, but now life is good again. From the Korean mini-van to Micheal being a negotiating savant, this show rocked. Thank you Office writers for going back to work.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And Pam's been promoted! Yay! Do they have room for another desk out there?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3424255;
    And Pam's been promoted! Yay! Do they have room for another desk out there?
    That would be the most entertaining receptionist job ever! And I've had my fair share of entertaining receptionist jobs.

In fact, when I was interviewing for my most recent job a couple of years ago (legal secretary) - I was interviewing for a job working for two attorneys, one old, one young. The older guy wanted to know all the usual crap - you know, experience, education....blah blah blah . . . But the younger attorney only had one question at the end of the interview - he asked what was my favorite tv show was. I paused, and then said "The Office." They hired me right then and there.

To illustrate the similarities - the younger attorney could be switched with Andy (Ed Helms) and I don't think anyone would notice. Of course, he, like every other guy in every other office, thinks he's Jim.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3424456;
    That would be the most entertaining receptionist job ever! And I've had my fair share of entertaining receptionist jobs.

In fact, when I was interviewing for my most recent job a couple of years ago (legal secretary) - I was interviewing for a job working for two attorneys, one old, one young. The older guy wanted to know all the usual crap - you know, experience, education....blah blah blah . . . But the younger attorney only had one question at the end of the interview - he asked what was my favorite tv show was. I paused, and then said "The Office." They hired me right then and there.

To illustrate the similarities - the younger attorney could be switched with Andy (Ed Helms) and I don't think anyone would notice. Of course, he, like every other guy in every other office, thinks he's Jim.
    So true!

There were so many moments tonight that made me chuckle out loud.. for more than a second. I think the whole casual Friday thing just really resonated with me. I felt for Toby!

OMG, the whole casual Friday thing was great! Everything with Meredith was hilarious!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

CCL

I thought I wouldn't like the "Michael starts a paper company" story arc but I ended up quite liking it. I enjoyed Ryan's return (which is surprising as I never really liked him on the show before). I didn't care for the interim boss though it was kind of funny how Jim could never get on his good side, always putting the wrong foot in (considering he's always been a favourite, with Michael, with Head Office etc.).
    Casual Friday was great. Oh my at Meredith's outfit. (By the way, what is Meredith's job in the office?)
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3431764;
    I thought I wouldn't like the "Michael starts a paper company" story arc but I ended up quite liking it. I enjoyed Ryan's return (which is surprising as I never really liked him on the show before). I didn't care for the interim boss though it was kind of funny how Jim could never get on his good side, always putting the wrong foot in (considering he's always been a favourite, with Michael, with Head Office etc.).
    Casual Friday was great. Oh my at Meredith's outfit. (By the way, what is Meredith's job in the office?)
    I'm pretty sure she's supplier relations.

+ Reply to Thread