+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Office on NBC

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Office on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;3414238;
    uh... actually scissors CUT paper... paper covers rock... Spock figures in there too somewhere...??
    if this is the case, then my whole life I havent played one game of "rock paper sissors" properly. How can this be? How will I be able to justify my existance? I cant go on now knowing what a sham I have been . Oh the horror!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;3414238;
    uh... actually scissors CUT paper... paper covers rock... Spock figures in there too somewhere...??
    Yessssss, best: "Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors."

Jumpin' George Clooney NickNack77's Avatar

At Dunder Mifflin, paper always wins.

And I agree, the Michael Scott Paper Company thing isn't really working. Pam needs to be near Jim, and I don't like Ryan that much, and Michael seems at his funniest when he's interacting with Dwight.
    Last edited by NickNack77; 04-16-2009 at 02:44 PM.
    "The day will come when, after harnessing space, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire."

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by NickNack77;3415939;
    At Dunder Mifflin, paper always wins.

And I agree, the Michael Scott Paper Company thing isn't really working. Pam needs to be near Jim, and I don't like Ryan that much, and Michael seems at his funniest when he's interacting with Dwight.
    I like that they've found a way to keep the show fresh without really destroying anything, but ITA about Jim and Pam - I don't think it will take too long for them to start messing with both companies behind the scenes. (I would also like for Kelly to go to work for Michael - hoping that being with Ryan would make Charles jealous )

FORT Fogey

Initially, I liked the whole Michael Scott Paper Company idea as something to keep it fresh. But last night's episode had me so bored that I actually turned it off before it was over. So I guess for me, that means something has been destroyed. At the end of the day, I don't really care about the happenings of the company. I care about the dynamics of people stuck working in the same office who don't have all that much in common outside of the work they do. I think that was almost entirely lost in the whole episode last night.

FORT Fanatic

The writers of The Office are killing me. Yesterday's episode was AWFUL!!!! I kept thinking and hoping it would get better....but it never did. Seriously, if the writing and the storyline doesn't get better FAST the show is going to lose alot of viewers (including me).

FORT Fogey

It used to be on Thursday nights, I looked forward to watching The Office, and would watch 30 Rock as well because it was not bad, but very definitely second to The Office. Now, 30 Rock is hands down my favorite sit-com on TV, and The Office is the show I have to sit through in order to get to the comedic gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3416918;
    It used to be on Thursday nights, I looked forward to watching The Office, and would watch 30 Rock as well because it was not bad, but very definitely second to The Office. Now, 30 Rock is hands down my favorite sit-com on TV, and The Office is the show I have to sit through in order to get to the comedic gold.
    Thursday nights used to be my favorite night of tv! Grey's and the Office. And for awhile the Office was my reward for getting through a lackluster episode of Grey's. Now when I watch both, Grey's has recently leapfrogged the Office, and Monday has replaced Thursday as my favorite tv night, with Gossip Girl and Big Bang Theory.

I feel like the writers are trying way too hard to make it funny, and on a show like this, it doesn't really work.

FORT Fanatic

I was pleased with last night's episode. It looks like FINALLY things are (kinda) back to normal. My husband knew that Dunder Mifflin would try to buy out The Michael Scott Paper Company. He had the whole premise figured out in the first 5 minutes.even down to them getting their jobs back in lieu of the money. Darn he's good.

It'll be interesting to see Pam as a sales person. It brings up alot of possible story lines with competition between Jim and Pam. Also, I hope that Charles Minor is gone forever. I hated that character. (I guess you were supposed to)

FORT Fogey

I know you were supposed to dislike Charles as the mean boss, but I kind of like the addition of his character to the show. To me, he brought a dose of reality to the office -- not as in making it more realistic, but as in showing how a normal business person would react to the setting, and how that reaction would impact everyone else.

+ Reply to Thread