+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Office on NBC

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Office on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3409969;

Does anyone know if Ed Helms is really a good banjo player, or was that recorded by someone else?
    That was really him playing. It's posted on his imdb.com page as Trivia that he plays the banjo.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, re Jim, a rundown on clients doesn't sound too hard to figure out...something like how often and how much do we sell to them would be my guess. Then you ask the boss if there's more he wants on each....

FORT Fanatic

Jim is not making a good impression. But what kind of impression did the new boss get from the others that he is giving them way too much responsibilty.

The new boss does not recognize talent. That is what the set up is, IMO. Gotta think he fires Jim or Jim leaves for the new paper company started up by Michael Scott. Either way that wont sit well with the higher ups.

In the end they hired a Steel guy for a Paper company!

Everyone knows paper covers sissors.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I don't get this - Jim has never had any drive. He has never shown any talent besides woo-ing Pam and picking on Dwight. Don't get me wrong - a good sense of humor is very attractive - and I love Jim and would most likely be throwing myself at him in an office setting. He's great entertainment, but as far as production......I dunno. We'll see, I suppose.

I'm not liking the whole "Michael Scott Paper Co" storyline. I can see why, for creative reasons, but for me it's not working. I loved Andy and Dwight dueling with their instruments for the new secretary.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3410844;
    I don't get this - Jim has never had any drive. He has never shown any talent besides woo-ing Pam and picking on Dwight. Don't get me wrong - a good sense of humor is very attractive - and I love Jim and would most likely be throwing myself at him in an office setting. He's great entertainment, but as far as production......I dunno. We'll see, I suppose.
    Well, it is always a surprise to me that any of these guys can sell paper, but then, now and then, we see them "on the job" and they do well--Michael showing Andy how to do it by bonding with the customer, Jim and Dwight rivals for most sold, Kelly actually being good (vs. Angela) at customer relations.

Even though Jim is a slacker, I am still on his side because I hate their new boss, and if I were Jim I wouldn't want to suck up to him, either.
    I also hate Ryan, and if I were Pam he would drive me crazy, too.
    This show needs to lighten up on the anxiety-producing office politics and bring more of the funny. I don't watch it to see the rotten personalities I can see any day in real life. Thus it was nice that Dwight and Andy were bonding.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3411122;
    Kelly actually being good (vs. Angela) at customer relations.
    This was a classic. "This day is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S! This day is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-" cut to Angela popping Advil. I miss those episodes of the show, the early seasons where it was a little more like anyone's office and relateable in some ways.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Ooops - I guess I need to clarify my comment about Jim. I love Jim - especially with Pam. The characters really love each other - and they do a good job of showing it. But I think part of the joke of the show is that most everyone has a mundane job and can relate to the characters. It just cracks me up that Jim (who, come on, has very little ambition) is the office stud. I find the writing well done and I always laugh at the show.

Although Dwight and Angela were good together - but when Andy and Dwight are together competing for her - it's really well done. I mean, who's the winner? The one who wins Angela or the one who loses her?

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3410787;
    Everyone knows paper covers sissors.
    uh... actually scissors CUT paper... paper covers rock... Spock figures in there too somewhere...??

+ Reply to Thread