+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

It was, but then she had to go and talk about selling her ring for a kitty!

Poor Michael, him being heartbroken is awkwardly funny.

FORT Fanatic

Not much activity on this thread...

Re: Last night's episode, it very much reminded me of Jerry Maguire. I wonder if Steve Carell is leaving the show? I don't know how last night's episode...I tend to think that the shows are better when they're centered around everyone, not just Michael. Some of the things he does is so over the top, that it's not funny..it's annoying. Next week's episode looks interesting...with Pam telling Michael to get dressed. I really hope that Michael finds his way back to Dunder Mifflin. Dwight will be very said w/o him.

CCL

I don't think Scott Carrell is leaving (haven't heard anything).
    I'm not thrilled with the direction the show is taking. It doesn't make sense for Michael to quit & I'm sure he'll end up back at Dunder Mifflin sooner or later (basically it'll be another seperation like when Jim was at the other office for half a season, and I hated that as well). And I still don't understand how in one episode Michael was getting praised for his sales going gangbusters, so much so that they had him giving speeches to the other sales offices. Then a couple of episodes later they have a new boss in micro-managing him. If he was doing so well at his job (particularly in this economic climate) wouldn't his bosses be doing what they could to keep him? And I don't get why Pam would want to be a salesman. I would have expected her to want to be involved in the paper design side or something (what with all her lauded artistic skills).
    I'm not fond of this new vice president (or whatever his title is). He's no Janice or Ryan (and what is up with Ryan still being in the opening credits even though he hasn't been on the show for a long while?). And I don't particularly like Kelly and Angela trying to hook him (it wastes both of the actresses' talents, in my opinion).
    Basically I'm watching the show more out of habit than love lately. Which is a shame.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fanatic

I totally agree with the previous reply. I'm watching, hoping it gets better and then I'm disappointed that it didn't.

Re: Ryan, the preview showed him on the next episode, working in a bowling alley, with bleached blond hair. Maybe he gets Michael to come back to Dunder Mifflin. Or maybe Holly has something to do with him coming back. I heard that she would pop up again some time this season. That'll be a welcome addition. I like her. Who knows this season?

CCL

I didn't get to see the preview. I have heard that about Holly (and I'll be glad to see her back).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fanatic

I'm confident that Steve Carrell isn't going anywhere. He is the star of the show. The show has been on a few years, and they need to generate some new 'buzz.'

His new boss brings back very unpleasant memories of a guy in our office who said he had a 'door is always open' policy. When someone went up to complain about something, he threw them out. I guess he had that policy to make it easier to kick people out.

I don't think Steve Carrell is going anywhere. I am ok with the show going in this direction, to a certain point. I was kind of thinking that they would have to do something about Jim and Pam after they get married since it would be just too easy to have them in the same office together, lol!

My guess is that Holly is going to be playing a part in all of this, so we will have to wait and see people.

FORT Fanatic

I have read on another site devoted to The Office that Steve Carell has just signed on for another three years. So, I dont think he is going anywhere. the thing with The Office that we should all remember is it isnt a comedy where nothing evolves and the characters just sit around cracking one liners. On The Office the premise is it is a real business and it follows a real timeline of events that create the humor. I havent liked the new boss either, but companies do hire upper management idiots all the time. I feel like the setup for the events that are about to happen are hard for the viewer to handle in that they are fairly harsh and not comedic in the haha sense. It is a hard line to walk between too serious and serious enough sometimes. Let's face it this show has good writers so give them a chance.

FORT Fanatic

I thought last night's episodes were funny. Not the best ever, but still good. I can't wait until they get rid of Charles Minor. He's the character you love to hate. Or one you just hate. He's terrible to Jim and that's not acceptable. It'll be interesting to see how things develop w/the Michael Scott Paper Company.

FORT Fanatic

Somehow I don't believe Ryan's claim that he was earning $60,000 a year in Scranton working in a bowling alley - minimum wage sounds more like it.

Had he previously been so nasty to Pam? I dn't like it.

Creed was so funny stealing Michael's pancakes shaped like paper and then putting them back because they tasted lousy.

When is Jim going to get some drive? I'm getting impatient with him. He made a terrible impression on the new boss when he wore a tux to the office. He has compounded that by not getting him the list the man wants - and not being honest and asking just what exactly is supposed to be on the list. And then he implied he was a soccer player when he wasn't.

Does anyone know if Ed Helms is really a good banjo player, or was that recorded by someone else?

+ Reply to Thread