+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

I know this show had a rough beginning, with all the comparisons to the British version, but it's really getting better and better with each passing week. This week's episode was just hilarious! Let's face it: when was the last time your boss burned his foot on a George Foreman grill?

CCL
    I've actually never seen the American version before this week. I saw last night's episode and it was very funny. I laughed out loud which I hardly ever do when watching a sitcom. I think moving it to Thursday was a good idea. I know I'll probably be more likely to watch it on that night.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm saying it - I'm not a big Steve Carell fan! BUT, I watch the show because of the total ensemble. It's so funny the way Michael has a man crush on Ryan and always wants him to do things for him instead of Dwight, who worships the ground Michael walks on .

In the 'Foreman Grill' episode I absolutely LOVED the exchange between Steve Carrel's character and the African-American employee (don't know his name.)

Anyhow, when the Boss tries to say that he has a 'disability' because he's on crutches due to the Foreman Grill accident, and then he says, nobody else here has a disability except [the African-American man] here has had his share of struggles. The guy whom the boss is referring just sighs and says 'I'm not disabled and neither are you!' Then Steve Carrel points to his foot, all bubbled wrapped up and says 'Oh yeah- what does this look like to you?" And the guy says 'Mailboxes Etc." So funny!!! I haven't watched a lot of this show (As you can probably tell by my clumsy recapping, but it's really growing on me.)

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Dwight's blog is good entertainment. Several of the cast also have myspace accounts: Pam's, Angela's, Ryan's, and Toby's.

FORT Fan
    Yeah, that scene was funny, Woot. I also liked when he asked if anyone had had a disability & the woman said, "When I was a girl I had scoliosis." Michael responds, "Never heard of it. I mean a REAL disability; not some female trouble." That cracked me up (even as someone who also has scoliosis, lol).

Lynne- I had forgotten that part! Hilarious!!

Last night was another classic! When Dwight dicovers that Oscar (was that his name?) is gay, but he doesn't even know that he discovered he was gay. He thinks he 'caught him shopping and skating.' heh heh Too funny!!

I thought the funniest part last night was when Michael just broke down when he didn't want to lose Jim as a friend after leaking out the secret.

The Pam-Jim story line is building up well, it reminds me of the Sam and Diane relationship on Cheers. You know it'll happen, it was just a matter of when.

Quote Originally Posted by Woot! View Post
    Last night was another classic! When Dwight dicovers that Oscar (was that his name?) is gay, but he doesn't even know that he discovered he was gay. He thinks he 'caught him shopping and skating.' heh heh Too funny!!
    Yeah, that was hilarious...! In his own way, Dwight seems as clueless as Michael.

I've just started getting into this show, and I like it. IMHO, one of the funniest things about "The Office" is Michael, and how he seems to come across as a "legend in his own mind", while most of the rest of the office workers clearly can't stand him. Fascinating character... And, I see him as a composite of many of the worst bosses/managers that I've had, over the years.

Great show!

Cat

I just started watching and find it hilarious. Beautiful how the employees answer questions of not doing their job by making statements that go nowhere. I know people like that! Aside from what's already been said, I also found the Hooters lunch very funny. Because it wasn't funny when Michael kept trying to be cool! Unfortunately, I've known some guys like that too! And I knew a girl who worked at Hooters..it's a family restaurant you know. And then all Michael orders is the hotdog. What a loser.LOL
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread