+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3280120;
    the husband & I did laugh out loud when Meredith made that comment about the guys fighting over who gets to hold the camcorder.
    Best line in the whole episode! I could do without any storyline involving Dwight. His character is getting too exaggerated for the show and more unbelievable. They should revisit the writing for Gareth Keenan from the British version. But the writing for Michael -- or maybe it's Steve Carell's awesome acting -- just keeps getting better every season.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

CCL

Hillary Swank...not hot.
    Poor Michael and his crisis of conscience. Still, even though they have the other paper company's client list, doesn't mean they will scoop up their clients...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Ugh, I didn't like this episode at all. Too mean spirited!

FORT Fanatic

I didn't like it either. It just wasn't funny. This season is weird. 1 episode is good, the next one isn't...there's no consistency.

I liked the debate. I also liked that Michael did have a crisis of conscience. Normally he wouldn't give it a second thought.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;3283419;
    Absolutely!
    I was just hoping for a bigger fight.
    I just thought the ending of that was very "Office"--that is, not what we expected...but indeed very (suddenly) reasonable. No one wants Angela now as she cheated on them both (in their opinions). That's how Office does it, gets weirder and weirder and suddenly reality comes in and brings it back down to earth. In MHO, of course!

Very true. BTW, I'm so glad that Toby is back! He's adorable.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Is Jan going to be on the show anymore? The strangest thing just happened. I turned on the TV, and this really bad movie from 1990, Lambada, was on, where that same actress at age 25 was playing a slutty high school girl. She had really short hair, and it took me a while to figure out where I recognized her from.

FORT Fanatic

The special one-hour version of "The Office" aired after the Super Bowl. Dwight deliberately started a small fire because no one paid attention to his lecture on fire safety. Funny, but it showed how people can lose their heads in an emergency.

I wish they would put more emphasis on the supporting 'minor' players like Stanley, Creed, etc. and less on Michael ,who can be 'wearing.' Everyone in this cast is so strong. It reminds me very much of the old Mary Tyler Moore show. I don't think there is a weak link in the bunch.

I loved last nights hour long episode! So many funny lines!

+ Reply to Thread