+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 135 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1350

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

PWS...I thought the same thing, I thought my DVR missed some of it. But I was shocked too about the engagement.

Has anyone bought any of the candles by Jan? I must say I was tempted.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

My understanding was that he lied about getting engaged because he didn't want to tell everyone they'd broken up. But my recollection of the episode is rather fuzzy.

CCL

Michael told everyone he was engaged (I was worried he meant to Jan). Kelly even went out and bought a bridesmaid dress.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3231740;
    Michael told everyone he was engaged (I was worried he meant to Jan). Kelly even went out and bought a bridesmaid dress.
    But when? At the start of this episode? At the end of the one where he and D drove Holly to her new digs?
    Beerbelly and I want to know when we tuned out! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3231908;
    But when? At the start of this episode? At the end of the one where he and D drove Holly to her new digs?
    Beerbelly and I want to know when we tuned out! Thanks!
    it was at the beginning of the next episode. once he's back in the office. before the Title Card runs. it was really a bit of a throw away funny moment, as are most that run before the title card or at the end after the "real" episode has run it's course (remember when Jim came in dressed as and acting like Dwight at the beginning of one episode about 2 seasons ago? that was before the Title Card (or opening theme song/sequence/what have you) and the bit isn't mentioned again in the episode. till the very last minute, where Dwight comes in pretending to be Jim and failing miserably.

it was like that.

Michael say's he's engaged, is lying, everyone congratulates him, makes him call his mom, he does. his mom says he's lying and why does he keep doing this (calling and saying he's getting married) and then he says "i'm not getting married!" and laughs all uncomfortably, hangs up on her and tries to play it off as a big prank that no one finds funny but him. he just doesn't want to admit to the lie.

and then i think it might be mentioned later in the episode when kelly wants a refund for her bridesmaid dress, but that's it. daryl tells the camera that he was there (with holly and michael and there was NO ENGAGEMENT).

it was quite short, but one of the very funny bits in an episode that was stellar. one of the funniest ones in the past two seasons, in my opinion.

sorry for the long response. can you tell i'm a HUGE office fanatic?
    "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What I saw started with Dwight congratulating him and punching his arm...but nothing before... going back to see if I've taped over that yet or not!

Me too PWS....but it could have been my DVR or me spacing out
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Last night's episode was not one of my favorites. My favorite scenes were the ones between Andy and Oscar. (Hey! maybe now Andy will be able to take Toby's place in The Finer Things club!) Oh, and when Darryl texted back, "It's cool" when Kelly broke up with him via text message.

I actually found myself wishing they'd have included more Canadian/Winnipeg jokes. But I really enjoyed the episode.

"That really happened"... "Now we're back to first base"... "What exactly is first base with Angela"
    Bahaha, loved the Andy/Oscar scenes.

CCL

Yay at Pam being back in town.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread