+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1350

Thread: The Office on NBC

FORT Fogey

Re: The Office on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by troobabiee7;3223914;
    That was hysterical!

I agree about Jan - what happened to her? She used to be the voice of reason and questioned all the crazy antics going on in the office, but now she's one of the craziest ones there. They completely changed her character because they didn't know what to do with her, and they didn't want to let her go. I think it would have been better if they left her as the voice of reason to offset how over-the-top Michael is.
    I don't know if she changed because they didnt' know what to do with her, or if she was supposed to illustrate what happens to a person when put into an office environment like that. I kind of like the idea that everyone was perfectly normal, until they were in that environment and then sanity went out the window.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I loved how after Pam drunk called Jim her ex Roy was able to scare him into starting to drive to NYC (great look on Jim's face when Roy said, I thought YOU were just a friend) and then Jim turned around saying, I am not that guy, and WE are not that couple.

I loved that too, PWS. It was awesome. Jim's a great boyfriend!

In loved how Dwight was bidding for the hug. It was actually a moment of vulnerability from him!

Dwight has his moments of trying to do something sweet for others. I think he ran up the bid on the hug because he realised he had treated phylis so bad after she had tried to help him and he wanted her to feel good about herself. That scene reminded me of the scene a few seasons ago where Pam was crying and Dwight walked up on her and his first words were, "Who hurt you?" And you know if she had given him a name he would have torn them apart. Then he thought she was having her period and akwardly tried to comfort her. Its not often but when he has his sweet moments they're good ones.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

re: Dwight bidding on Phyllis' hug

Did you see the look on Angela's face? She was rejecting Dwight's ultimatum but it looked then as if she might have to reconsider when he was showing attention to Phyllis. It also seemed like the writers showed a little bit more of the relationship between Angela and Andy on this episode (LOL moving to Disney village someday ...) not just Angela's chronic annoyance around Andy.

Based on the lack of posts, I think I am not alone in thinking that last nights episode was the most boring ever!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

CCL

It was okay. I enjoyed the parts with Michael and the Warehouse Guy (his name escapes me at the moment. Carl?). And I did laugh at the Andy-Dwight segments.
    I'm tired of Pam being in New York. I thought she was just supposed to be in school for the summer and now it is Fall. And how are they going to reincorporate her into the Dunder Mifflin world? She's not going to come back and be the receptionist. Maybe they'll have her designing special paper or something. Because if she comes back to Scranton but not to the office...well, it's as bad as her being in New York.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The overall plot wasn't that great, but some of the moments were. For some reason, Kelly's costume, though not entirely unpredictable, cracked me up. And so did Pam's situation. I'd hate to show up at work only to find out that no one else dressed up. And when "Life is a Highway" came on this morning on my iPod, I almost cracked up in a very crowded subway car.

I agree, that overall, it wasn't one of the best episodes, but there were definitely moments that made up for it and made it very fun to watch.

FORT Fanatic

I guess I'm in the minority here as I thought the episode was great. Did anyone notice that Ryan briefly put his arm around Kelly - bad idea, pal. Have they ever explained why Ryan was terrible at corporate yet showed up back in Scranton?

I guess I am dating myself here, but this show reminds me of an edgier Mary Tyler Moore show that ran back in the 1970s. Each supporting character is excellent when they are in the spotlight.

I felt so sorry for Darryl being stuck in that truck with Michael and Holly for 700 tearful miles.

+ Reply to Thread