+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 135 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1350

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

I loved that old picture of Stanley from way back when, but I also loved the little touches about Stanley trying to lose weight, like when he was doing leg lifts under his desk with paper on them. I also love Phyllis, and how she got control of the party-planning committee. Kelly's diets cracked me up, especially the master cleanse diet because one of my best friends actually tried that one (and lasted all of two days). For some reason, Dwight replacing the contents of the vending machine with fruit cracked me up.

In one of the deleted scenes, there's a great scene with Oscar talking about the weight loss competition.

Oh how I missed The Office. It was a great episode. The proposal took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting that at all. I really loved how the entire cast was involved in this episode. Much more so than most other episodes. I liked that we saw more of the 'secondary' characters. All in all definitely made my night!

CCL

Overall, I thought the episode was good. There were some funny parts and I enjoyed the whole Biggest Loser storyline, complete with the gigantic scale.

I haven't liked Stanley since that episode last year when he had his run-in with Michael. I didn't mind his appearances in the episode, but I didn't particularly like them either.

Loved Ryan coming back. I didn't foresee that he was going to be the receptionist - I was wondering why he was going behind the desk. I like that Michael still thinks Ryan is the bees' knees.

I don't really like how Angela is leading Andy on. It just makes me sad for him.

I thought the engagement between Pam & Jim was sweet and perfectly done (shot from a distance, muffled audio). I thought they were going to go another route with the whole flirty guy from Pam's class. Glad that didn't happen (and hope he doesn't resurface). But I felt that Jim didn't really have much of a presence in the episode. Not like in the first couple of seasons. Not so much because of his lack of lines, but more his (seeming) lack of purpose in the show. I don't think it is because he is no longer pining for Pam; he seemed more in the show last year even during his "happy with Pam" segments. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. But I don't want him to become an also-ran character.

While I loved sad-sack Toby, I am liking the new HR Manager. She is a good foil for Michael.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm watching it again, and I just remembered another part that cracked me up:

Phyllis: I wonder what people like about me. <thinks> Probably my jugs.

SO happy the show is finally back! I really enjoyed the episode. My favorite line of the episode came from Holly (to Kevin): "Math is hard."

Holly is a great addition to the show. She's basically Michael in a skirt. Their little rap had me rolling and I love that Michael is totally clueless to her feelings for him.

Jim's proposal was perfect. I'm so glad we didn't have to wait through half of the season for it.

I LOVED Dwight putting the healthy food in the vending machine - hammering the apple into the coils Then the whole thing being full of fruit flies

I'm not a fan of Andy, but I'm annoyed with Angela for treating him that way. I hope it doesn't drag on too long. She and Dwight obviously belong together.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3206292;
    I also love Phyllis, and how she got control of the party-planning committee. Kelly's diets cracked me up, especially the master cleanse diet because one of my best friends actually tried that one (and lasted all of two days).
    Good for Phyllis! I was afraid she would have dropped dead from the shock of what she saw, but she used it to her advantage. She is a top salesperson, after all, must be cagey.

I actually had a library book from 1981 on my ottoman that explains the master cleanse in one of its chapters. (The author called it a life-changing experience!) I was able to pause the show, lift my feet, and read it to hubby so he knew what it was that Kelly was trying to accomplish. Was surprised people still do that cleanse.

FORT Fogey

I liked this episode, but it didn't take much time at all for me to remember why I like the 1/2 shows so much better than the super sized shows we get at the start of each season. There was a point in there -- around the time of the fat seminar - that I started checking the clock on the DVR to figure out how much longer it was going to be. It was funny and I liked where the storylines went, but it just got to a point of dragging along.

I think with the half hour episodes, they're forced to be much tighter with the writing. With the hour episodes, they can add a little more filler. I think though, at least thus far, an hour of The Office certainly beats a two hour Grey's or Heroes.

FORT Fan

I wish they would have gone longer with Holly thinking Kevin has special needs. It was so funny that they just dropped it and went on to other things.
    How in the heck did Angela lose her baby weight so fast? She looks really good! (how long has it been anyway)
    Another cringe worthy moment is when Michael ripped up Holly's concert tickets. It's stupid moves like that make me not really like the show.

And the fact that he thought he was doing something good for Holly makes it even funnier.

+ Reply to Thread