+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 135 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1350

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3136828;
    To clarify: My thinking is that the spinoff is going to dilute the old show, sapping energy, storylines, etc from the original. I just think they should focus their efforts into juicing up the original particularly considering that it is a couple of seasons removed from its best season (season 2).
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I do like Amy Poehler, however, and I would probably check out the first episode at least to see what it was like.
    I have read where they are waffling on the format. Rashida Jones may be in talks for the new show too. I think it could only be deemed spinoff, because Steve Carrell/Michael Scott will be in the first episode. A spinoff more like Cheers/Wings than Buffy/Angel. It should have nothing to do with paper.
    The season premiere will be right after the Super Bowl.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3136828;
    To clarify: My thinking is that the spinoff is going to dilute the old show, sapping energy, storylines, etc from the original. I just think they should focus their efforts into juicing up the original particularly considering that it is a couple of seasons removed from its best season (season 2).
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I do like Amy Poehler, however, and I would probably check out the first episode at least to see what it was like.
    I don't think the idea for the "spin-off" come from the producers of the Office. It was NBC, trying to take advantage of a hit (similar to ABC spinning Private Practice off of Grey's Anatomy). It sounds like the producers of the new show are trying to convince TPTB that rather than spinning off a new show, it would be a better idea to create an entirely separate show with a similar vibe-- I think they've succeeded, actually, but don't quote me on that.

The lesson I really think the powers that be could stand to learn is that when you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one. Which I think increasingly describes the state of TV today. The scripted stuff was so much better 10 years ago. There are a handful of good shows now, but they seem to be the exception more than the rule.

I'm reserving judgement on the spin-off, but I don't like it much so far. I think that it will flop even though I want it to do well if only to help bolster "The Office"

CCL

It sounds more and more like it is not really a spin-off of The Office but just another show from the same producers. Which I don't mind.

From the New York Times:
    Try to follow this logic: the “Saturday Night Live” comedian Amy Poehler will star in a new NBC comedy, running alongside “The Office,” that will be produced by the creator of “The Office.”
    To make things more complicated, the Poehler comedy is not the spin-off of “The Office” that NBC announced in April — but that spin-off is still in development.
    Some of the reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour on Monday were confused, too.
    Originally, the spin-off of “The Office” was set to debut after the Super Bowl next year. But that project — the details of which were never revealed — seems to be taking a back seat to Ms. Poehler’s show.
    Her show may premiere next March, and will be “stylistically” similar to “The Office” even though it is not a spin-off, the NBC Entertainment co-chair Ben Silverman told reporters Monday.
    The program will be produced by Greg Daniels (who adapted “The Office” for the United States) and Mike Schur (whom Ms. Poehler worked with when he wrote for “S.N.L.”).
    As for the other show — the one announced in April — casting is under way. “We’re still pursuing a spin-off,” Mr, Silverman said, “but when you get a talent like Amy Poehler on the top of her game coming off what easily could have been a decision to become a full-time movie star, this was a great chance to land her.”
    The network has not decided what to place in the coveted post-Super Bowl time slot yet.
    Whos on The Office Spin-Off? Not Amy Poehler - TV Decoder - Media & Television - New York Times Blog
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Hopefully then it won't be so bad!!

Not sure this qualifies as a spoiler, but anyway:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jenna Fischer has a back-to-work post on her myspace, and said that she loves the script for the premiere and is very excited to shoot it... I don't want to get too far ahead of myself but I'm hoping this enthusiasm means good things for Pam and Jim!

I thought last night's episode was great, and some of the things that made it so good were the smallest details. I loved the proposal though... LOVED that he just couldn't wait.

I'm just so happy The Office is back. While I didn't think it was the funniest episode ever, there was a lot of plot development ~ setting up the season. Ryan coming back as a temp, Jim and Pam getting engaged, Toby breaking his neck (although I don't know whether that means he's coming back or not), etc...

I don't like to read spoilers, so I had no idea the engagement was coming. One thing I like about the hour-long episodes is that you get to see a little more of the supporting characters -- Kelly, Stanley, Phyllis, Creed, etc. But, what was up with Meredith's face? Did you notice in the beginning -- the Week 1 weigh-in, I think -- it looked all red and splotchy. Like maybe she had been burned, or had gotten some sort of chemical peel. Maybe it will be explained in the deleted scenes when the Season 5 DVD comes out.

Some of my favorite lines:

"Math is hard!"
    the names of all of the guys in Here Comes Treble
    "I like her nails." "Be more specific." "I like her finger nails."
    "Every little boy fantasizes about his fairy tale wedding."
    "I don't need a judge to tell me to keep my community clean." "But he did, right?"

I'm going to have to go back and watch it again... I'm sure there were lots of little details that I missed.

This show is amusing but I thought the original BBC version was SO much funnier. It seems like they spell out the jokes more on this show than on the original - the US one is more exaggerated and over the top.

I've seen a few episodes lately, and I like the more subtle characters the best - Stanley, Toby, etc. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm very tired of Steve Carrell's character. It's too overdone, IMO. I also don't like Pam (boring). I think Dwight is hilarious.

Loved Jim's proposal. Made the episode for me.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread