+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBS Pulls Plug on Queens and Med.

CBS Pulls Plug on Queens and Med.

From Yahoo

Reality TV has claimed two more scripted victims: CBS' "Presidio Med" and "Queens Supreme."

In one swift move, the network on Monday ordered a second cycle of "Star Search" while killing "Presidio" and dethroning "Queens."

"Presidio Med" has averaged 7.2 million viewers after eight airings on Wednesday at 10 p.m. The drama shuts down production this week after completing 14 episodes, and its slot will occupied by "48 Hours Investigates."

"Queens" aired just three times on Fridays at 10 p.m., attracting 7.1 million viewers. The show had already wrapped production on all 13 episodes of its CBS order. Its slot will be filled with a rotating wheel of "CSI," "CSI: Miami," "Without a Trace" and "48 Hours Investigates."

"Star Search," which airs its first tournament finale Feb. 6, will return with another batch of nine episodes on Wednesdays and Fridays at 8 p.m. starting Feb. 19. The return of "Star Search" had been expected, given the show's strong performance -- particularly in young demos.

The decision to keep "Star Search" going means that Wednesday-night reality entry "Amazing Race," which is currently filming its fourth installment, may not return until late spring or summer.

Separately, NBC has ordered seven more episodes of the hit reality show "Meet My Folks," which has scored big for the network since returning to the schedule on Saturday at 10 p.m. last week. The premiere is part of a three-episode arc with eight women competing for one man and a trip to Europe.

The decision to keep "Star Search" going means that Wednesday-night reality entry "Amazing Race," which is currently filming its fourth installment, may not return until late spring or summer.
    ACK!!! EEP!!!!

Separately, NBC has ordered seven more episodes of the hit reality show "Meet My Folks," which has scored big for the network since returning to the schedule on Saturday at 10 p.m. last week. The premiere is part of a three-episode arc with eight women competing for one man and a trip to Europe.
    At least this is getting a bigger shot!

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    When I saw the commercials for Queens Supreme I told my wife it wont last a month. Well I was right and wrong it didn't even last 2 weeks. That show just looked bad.

I can't believe they are doing this. I LOVE "Presidio Med". For them to even think about delaying TAR, is simply sad! I never watch Star Search. I just don't care for it.

Sad, sad, sad. CBS needs to get their head out of that hole they are digging. That's just MY opinion anyway.
    "You are only as HAPPY, as your UNHAPPIEST child"

On Queens Supreme, doesn't this mean that Oliver Platt has had to two series crash and burn in near record fashion in the same season?

That would have to be some kind of record.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

what else was he in Bill?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

poor oliver platt. i really, really like him, but have never watched his shows.

cali, he was in some tv show about a newspaper.

I do kind of remember that... :thoughtfullyrubschinwiththumb andindexfinger
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Yeah, he starred in a show where he was the journalism professor and he and his meddling kids solved all the worlds problems... but that one lasted like two episodes... just a little less than Queens Supreme.

He is a very good actor actually, though most people probably know him best from guest appearances on The West Wing, or as the crazy rich guy in Lake Placid.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast