+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One Day at a Time (Reunion special)

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar

One Day at a Time (Reunion special)

Did anyone catch this last night?

I really liked this 70's show about a single mom (Bonnie Franklin) raising her two daughters (Valerie Bertinelli and Mackenzie Phillips) on her own).....Pat Harrington jr played the handyman/super who was always around.

I was too young to originally watch this in the 70's but I watched most of the reruns in the eighties. I used to love the theme song and Valerie Bertinelli's character.....it was interesting seeing the whole cast reunited.

FORT Fan
    I enjoyed the Reunion as I used to watch the show often. Loved the theme song. I was never big on Schneider, the "super" -- somehow he got on my nerves -- but I liked the rest of the cast.

I thought it was a little odd the way they were commenting on the show as if they were talking about real people's lives, as opposed to a scripted show.

Sad to hear about how deeply MacKenzie Phillips was affected by her drug problem. Glad to hear she turned things around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    I enjoyed the Reunion as I used to watch the show often. Loved the theme song. I was never big on Schneider, the "super" -- somehow he got on my nerves -- but I liked the rest of the cast.

I thought it was a little odd the way they were commenting on the show as if they were talking about real people's lives, as opposed to a scripted show.

Sad to hear about how deeply MacKenzie Phillips was affected by her drug problem. Glad to hear she turned things around.
    I felt the same way about Schnieder.

I missed this reunion, I wished I'd have seen it, I was a big fan of the show. Until they brought in the other kid.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

It was odd about the renunion, it was as if they were talking about Ann as a real person. (I noticed Bonnie Franklin doing it the most) It was sad to see how thin and awful Mackenize Phillips looked in some shows. I used to watch that show all the time and at the time I was too young to notice how awful she looked.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

This was fun to watch. I loved this show, which I only saw in reruns since I wasn't born when it started. Everyone looked great. It was sad but refreshing to hear Mackenzie be so upfront about her drug problems.

Premium Member
    I watched this all the time and planned on watching but I missed it last night. They have re-run the Happy Days reunion show so maybe they will show this again.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    This was fun to watch. I loved this show, which I only saw in reruns since I wasn't born when it started. Everyone looked great. It was sad but refreshing to hear Mackenzie be so upfront about her drug problems.
    I agree that it was refreshing for them to acknowledge her problems. I thought it was especially good for her to admit how bad she looks in some of the episodes when she watches them now. I loved this show when it was on. It was fun to see them get together.

Bonnie Franklin mentioned that both Mackenzie Phillips and Valerie Bertinelli are now like her character on the show, single mom's raising their kids....I thought Valerie was still married to Eddie Van Halen? Did she get a divorce or did I hear wrong...anyone know?

Valerie & Eddie got a divorce last year (or it may have been the year before) . That was a shocker for me, b/c they'd been together for about 20 years, give or take a year or two.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    Valerie & Eddie got a divorce last year (or it may have been the year before) . That was a shocker for me, b/c they'd been together for about 20 years, give or take a year or two.
    Oh that's sad, they seemed like a solid couple.

+ Reply to Thread